Can you believe it? Tape Project is ten years old! Thanks to everyone who has supported us in introducing studio quality tape reproduction to the audiophile community!

Author Topic: Shameless Plug of The Tape Project in September issue of Robb Report  (Read 5616 times)

Offline Hibernian

• View Profile
    • On A Higher Note
Please read in print or online, as you prefer:

[http://robbreport.com/paid-issue/home-entertainment-modern-sound-midcentury-vibe]

I was staggered at how good those JBLs sounded playing tape; so fast, immediate, dynamic - hats off to Greg Timbers.
« Last Edit: August 13, 2013, 12:21:01 PM by Hibernian »
Philip O'Hanlon - TP Charter Subscriber.  EAR Technics 1520 - fully loaded. Sonorus ReVox PR99 mk II & mk III. Brinkman Balance w/ Van Den Hul Colibri, Luxman PD-444 - SME 3012R w/ Zu Denon 102  & Triplanar mk. VII w/ Ortofon Kontrapunkt C. EMT 931 / 929 w/ TS15. Loricraft record cleaner.

Offline steveidosound

• View Profile
Re: Shameless Plug of The Tape Project in September issue of Robb Report
« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2013, 11:08:18 PM »
I read it. Thanks !
Being a sort of mid 20th century human myself, I think I would be more than happy with that system. I heard the Luxman tube gear a couple of shows ago and remember liking it. I imagine I would like the JBLs as well. Their nice stuff always did sound good to me. There was someone, Zu, I think, using a classic top of the line Luxman table at this year's  show. And a classic deck, tweaked out, playing Tape Project tapes is beyond anything available in the 70s unless you had actual master tape access back then.
Only thing is, that even in relative dollars, the cost of all of that is probably higher than it was for the 70s equipment in 70s dollars.
But, sure, I could live happily with all of that equipment.
Steve Williams

you don't want to know what equipment I listen to...

Offline Listens2tubes

• Reel Analog
    • View Profile
    • Listens2tubes
Re: Shameless Plug of The Tape Project in September issue of Robb Report
« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2013, 12:31:39 PM »
Great to read and dream on a lazy Saturday afternoon. Thanks.
Neal - Ampex Fineline F-44, 3 - Otari MX5050BII-2, Revox A77 Mk II , Teac A 4010s, 4070, Sony TC102A, Magnecord 1020, Systemdek IIX/Dynavector Karat 17D2MKII, CEC CD3300 CDP, K Works NanoMax DAC, Van Alsine Transcendence Eight+ tube preamp, Dynaco MkIV amp pair, Paradigm Reference Studio 100 v1