TP-028, Nat Adderley's Work Song is now available

Author Topic: A very special evening with Jacqui Naylor  (Read 8666 times)

Offline docb

• Administrator
  • leader in spreading disinformation
    • View Profile
    • Bottlehead Corp.
A very special evening with Jacqui Naylor
« on: September 03, 2013, 06:17:19 PM »
My dear friend Jacqui Naylor released a new album in May - Dead Divas Society - featuring covers of her favorite female vocalists' songs. The album was recorded live at my bro Michael Romanowski's studio, Coast Recorders in San Francisco. Jacqui will be touring in the Pacific Northwest to promote the new album this September with pianist, guitarist and husband Art Khu, and drummer Josh Jones. Art and Josh are two high demand jazz artists in the Bay Area Jazz scene, and band have been making great music together for nearly a decade.

We have had the great fortune of Jacqui and the guys carving time out of their crazy schedule to spend an evening with us here at Bottleheadquarters on Sunday September 15, at 7 p.m. Jacqui, Art and Josh will be performing songs from the new album, we'll be serving some adult beverages and some sweets, and you will get to hear some of our best Bottlehead gear in the form of our Bottlehead Tode guitar amp and a special PA system put together just for this event.

I've been to a few of these special shows that Jacqui puts on and they are really fun. Our intimate listening space will make you feel like these consummate musicians are playing right in your own living room. Tickets are $35 and seating is very limited.

You can order tickets at this link:
https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_s-xclick&hosted_button_id=MAJ6KHH475CXS

Bottleheadquarters is at 9415 Coppertop Loop NE, Suite 101, Bainbridge Island, WA 98110, just a few minutes drive from the Seattle/Bainbridge Island ferry.

http://www.jacquinaylor.com

« Last Edit: September 03, 2013, 06:18:53 PM by docb »
Dan "Doc B." Schmalle
President for Life, Bottlehead Corp.
Managing Director - retired, The Tape Project

Offline TomR

• View Profile
Re: A very special evening with Jacqui Naylor
« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2013, 06:06:46 PM »
Wow...sounds fantastic.....but a bit far from SF.

Whatever happened to the possible TP effort to make a live recording, with some of us in attendance?

Thomas Ream

Technics RS1520(not yet modified)/Nottingham Space 294 w/Koetsu Black and Simaudio LP5.3/Sony XA9000ES/ReVox A-77/Simaudio I-7/B&W 804's

Offline Grant99

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 05, 2013, 10:48:18 AM »
Its seems to me that Jacqui's TP #01 was an all-analogue recording  (and a great recording at that)...is this one?  This album as a TP release would sure be nice...(subtle hint intended)...

regards
Grant
Grant Thrasher
audio/LP/tape hobbyist
Otari MX-5050 BIII, VPI-19/SME IV, MFA Magus/MFA D75 amp/McAlister EA-8 amp/Stax OA2 & SR-404/Coincident Millenium Spks/Nak Dragon/Marantz PMD520/Sony KA1ESA

Offline ironbut

• Global Moderator
  • leader in spreading disinformation
  • rs1500>repro amp#1
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 05, 2013, 12:01:10 PM »
I was lucky enough to attend the recording session for ",.. Divas,.." and I can assure you that it is an experience you'll never forget.
It's so easy to convince yourself that the performance is "for your ears only" that intimate doesn't even come close to describing the atmosphere!
If you're anywhere close to Coppertop Loop, don't hesitate, just be there!
steve koto
 Sony scd 777es(R. Kern mods)> Vpi Aires>Dynavector XX-2mkll>Bent mu>CAT ultimate>CJ premeir 140>Magnepan 1.6qr(Jensen xover)Headphone Eddie Current Zana Deux>AT ad2000,HD800 ,Metric Halo ULN-2 (battery powered),
 HE Audio Jades