TP-028, Nat Adderley's Work Song is now available

Author Topic: Otari MTR-20 manual  (Read 9899 times)

Offline High and Outside

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Otari MTR-20 manual
« on: September 25, 2013, 11:04:25 AM »
I'm pulling this out of the Sony Studios thread and starting a new thread to make this easier to search in the future.

A manual has been obtained and a scan is available for forum members who need it. It is complete with schematics.

Thanks to Chris Jones who provided the contact so that this could finally happen.
Paul Stubblebine
Managing Director, The TapeProject

Offline R2R-T2T

• View Profile
Re: Otari MTR-20 manual
« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2013, 12:19:09 PM »
Hi Paul, I wanted to thank you again for getting everything done with the Otari MTR-20 manual all 356 pages+3 side pocket pages. You are still The MAN! :-)

Chris
Chris

Offline gamve

• Tape Tragic
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 04, 2013, 04:44:23 AM »
Hi Paul,
My thanks also for organising this manual. Have just got my machine home and going through
getting familiar with it now. Next item to find are the extender cards.
Cheers
Graham
Graham Van Essen
(Living in the past in an analogue dream)

Offline rockzionrecords

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 18, 2014, 03:29:58 PM »
I need the Otari MTR-20  Manuel. I see on a past blog this manuel is available to members. How do I go about getting it. Save me! ha! Thanks. Dennis

Offline dcrecording

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 10, 2014, 04:20:34 AM »
Hi there, first off I'd like to introduce myself to this forum being a newbie. I have been into analog gear for quite some time and the gear ever changes over the years but the ever lasting search for that one piece of gear that you were meant to have never goes away. I have currently an Otari MTR-10 2 track 1/4" and  1/2", 2- Fostex E-22 2 track 1/2" machines, an Otari MTR-20 that needs a little love, and a Nakamichi Dragon. 

I am looking for a manual for the Otari MTR-20 and was wondering if anyone has access to one?

Cheers

Offline Ostrong Audio

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 07, 2016, 04:33:24 PM »
Hello, I´m new here. I´m from Austria and I have been working, repairing and collection Studer/Nagra/Stellavox machines since many years. Now I have found an Otari MTR-20 for sale and I bought my first Otari machine after 14 years of buying/using swiss tape machines.

After a search for documents for the MTR-20 I found this thread and hope somebody would be so kind to give me access to the documents.

Many thanks
David

Offline johnnytorch

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 31, 2017, 02:57:46 PM »
Hi,
I just picked one of these machines up as well.  1/2", four track.  The only thing wrong with it was broken wires on the dsub overbridge connector. 

If someone would be so kind as to give me a link to the service manual with schematics, I'd appreciate it.

Thanks,
John in Nashville, TN

Offline johnnytorch

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 12, 2018, 09:52:43 AM »
Does anyone know the location of this manual?

Thanks,
John