TP-027, Jerry Garcia / David Grisman wins a Writer's Choice Award from Myles Astor of Positive Feedback Online

Author Topic: Today I am Dr. Bottleneck  (Read 15296 times)

Offline docb

• Administrator
  • leader in spreading disinformation
    • View Profile
    • Bottlehead Corp.
Today I am Dr. Bottleneck
« on: December 05, 2007, 10:08:58 AM »
TP-003 is just about ready to start shipping. The guys are just waiting for the cover art from me. I have completed and the guys have signed off on the design. I'm just waiting for a new shipment of the double sided clay coat paper we use, and I'll get them printed and down to the packing bench in the next few days.

Meantime they are going to start getting caught up on albums and alignment tapes for folks who may have subscribed recently and missed the first run of the first couple of albums.
Dan "Doc B." Schmalle
President for Life, Bottlehead Corp.
Managing Director - retired, The Tape Project

Offline mstcraig

• View Profile
Re: Today I am Dr. Bottleneck
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2007, 08:24:37 PM »
My wife calls me Dr. President. Do I win?
Craig Sypnier
(Magnepan, VPI, Sumiko, Shure,
Belles Research, ReVox (A-77 and B-77), Scully 280-B, Teac A-2300SD, Nordost)

Offline Romo

• Michael Romanowski
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • tapeproject
« Reply #2 on: December 09, 2007, 12:54:24 AM »
Fresh batch of alignment tapes are done. We will be shipping them out at the begining of the week to folks who haven't recieved theirs yet. We also made spares to have some on hand and ready to ship much faster than these took to get ready.
Also, as the artwork  shows up, and Dan did a great job with it-looks very cool, TP-003 will ship right away with TP-004 now dupped. Grinding away on the reels for #4 so that should follow closely on the heels of #3.
So if Dan is the Dr., and Paul is the Chief...I'm going to have to come up with a prefix...

Managing Director
The Tape Project

Offline Chuck

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 09, 2007, 02:40:38 AM »
With respects to Lester Young and in light of your illustrious partners monikers I don't see how you could be anything but the "Pres"

I'd vote for ya!

Regards,

Chuck
Linn LP-12, SME w/ Clearaudio Arum Beta S, Seduction phono stage, Foreplay III preamp to 300B Monoblocks (Parabee) and homebrew 3 way speakers. Current projects: Straight 8 line array speakers w/ ribbon tweeters and RS-1500 resurrection.

Offline AZ_Gary

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 09, 2007, 06:46:11 PM »
Michael,

The "Roman Emperor"?

Gary

Gary Marklund
Sun City, AZ - USA

Offline docb

• Administrator
  • leader in spreading disinformation
    • View Profile
    • Bottlehead Corp.
« Reply #5 on: December 12, 2007, 10:37:39 AM »
Emperor? Actually I think his name translates to "Roman house key". We call him Geetz Romo, in honor of the classic How to Speak Hip by Del Close.

http://www.howtospeakhip.com/

Like, cover art for number three will fall out at the Tape Shed pad this a.m., man. The cats will be hung up on the packing and shipping bag this afternoon. Dig?
Dan "Doc B." Schmalle
President for Life, Bottlehead Corp.
Managing Director - retired, The Tape Project