TP-027, Jerry Garcia / David Grisman wins a Writer's Choice Award from Myles Astor of Positive Feedback Online

Author Topic: UltraAnalogue's Bach & Vitali's Chaconnes  (Read 7024 times)

Offline rbwtapeinterlink-Bob

• For The Love Of Music
    • View Profile
    • Power Telecommunication for business & the church!
UltraAnalogue's Bach & Vitali's Chaconnes
« on: November 29, 2013, 07:04:50 PM »
I have always loved Bach's Chaconne for unaccompanied violin. I have several records featuring this music, but never thought I would hear it on tape. Well, I have a copy of UltraAnalogue's recordings of Bach's D minor and Vitali's music in G minor. Both are beautiful. I am amazed that Dr. Ed Pong could squeeze both Chaconnes on one reel to reel tape.

I put this tape on my Tascam 42B tape deck with cables running from the playback head out to a separate tube tape head pre amp. These are vibrant, sumptuous, and beautiful recorded tapes that almost took my breath away. The playing on this tape is outstanding. The violinist is Xiang Yu with Li Wang on piano. What a team and they compliment each other magnificently. This recording is so real I felt I could get up and walk to the front of my listening room and touch the artists.

Tony Ma who has designed and built most of the electronics used at the Studer tape decks and mikes is awesome at what he does. He and Dr. Pong who does all of the recordings work very well together. Please don't pass up an opportunity to go to www.ultraanaloguerecordings.com and listen to the many samples of what they have on reel to reel tape. I honestly believe you'll end up buying something.

bob w.
« Last Edit: November 29, 2013, 07:08:27 PM by rbwtapeinterlink-Bob »
Bob W. (African American) VPI, Ref Standard Grado, Denon 103r, Threshold, DecWare tube pre and Classe pre amp, Jolida tube phono pre amp, (Peter Gunn) modified Magnapan 1.6, Tascam 32-2B & 42B tape decks, Parasound belt drive CD transport, Pacific Valve tube DAC, VPI  TT, various upscale cables.

Offline ironbut

• Global Moderator
  • leader in spreading disinformation
  • rs1500>repro amp#1
    • View Profile
Re: UltraAnalogue's Bach & Vitali's Chaconnes
« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2013, 02:13:56 PM »
Thanks for the heads up Bob and happy holidays!
I may have to pick up a tape or two when my bank account allows.
The samples sound excellent!
steve koto
 Sony scd 777es(R. Kern mods)> Vpi Aires>Dynavector XX-2mkll>Bent mu>CAT ultimate>CJ premeir 140>Magnepan 1.6qr(Jensen xover)Headphone Eddie Current Zana Deux>AT ad2000,HD800 ,Metric Halo ULN-2 (battery powered),
 HE Audio Jades

Offline rbwtapeinterlink-Bob

• For The Love Of Music
    • View Profile
    • Power Telecommunication for business & the church!
« Reply #2 on: November 30, 2013, 04:06:52 PM »
Hello my friend Steve,

Great hearing from you sir. Hope you and yours had a blessed Thanksgiving. And yes, I know what you mean when you talk about your bank account. I have been in contact with Dr. Pong who is one of the nicest gentlemen around and he does all of the recordings in his studio. All of the talents he records are winners of known classical music recitals. Actually, these are master musicians who obviously love what they do and they all love to record for Dr. Pong. So, if you have any questions at all don't hesitate to contact this gentleman who genuinely loves people and love talking about the music he and his musicians produce. And, you'll be more than pleased with any recording you get.

Bob W.
Bob W. (African American) VPI, Ref Standard Grado, Denon 103r, Threshold, DecWare tube pre and Classe pre amp, Jolida tube phono pre amp, (Peter Gunn) modified Magnapan 1.6, Tascam 32-2B & 42B tape decks, Parasound belt drive CD transport, Pacific Valve tube DAC, VPI  TT, various upscale cables.

Offline Listens2tubes

• Reel Analog
    • View Profile
    • Listens2tubes
« Reply #3 on: December 03, 2013, 08:52:18 PM »
I have and recommend the Rossini Duo For Cello & Double Bass in D, Gliere Four Pieces. Welcome to the recital, front row center. All I can say is "Exemplary, get it!" So much music :-), so little funds. :-( 
Neal - Ampex Fineline F-44, 3 - Otari MX5050BII-2, Revox A77 Mk II , Teac A 4010s, 4070, Sony TC102A, Magnecord 1020, Systemdek IIX/Dynavector Karat 17D2MKII, CEC CD3300 CDP, K Works NanoMax DAC, Van Alsine Transcendence Eight+ tube preamp, Dynaco MkIV amp pair, Paradigm Reference Studio 100 v1