TP-027, Jerry Garcia / David Grisman wins a Writer's Choice Award from Myles Astor of Positive Feedback Online

Author Topic: Groove Note Records Announces 1'st R2R Titles  (Read 7892 times)

Offline Hibernian

• View Profile
    • On A Higher Note
Groove Note Records Announces 1'st R2R Titles
« on: March 04, 2013, 10:40:12 PM »
here is a copy of an email I received from Groove Note:

Groove Note Records is proud to announce its first series of audiophile true studio
master quality reel to reel releases.  The first three titles will be launched during the
forthcoming June 2013 THE Show at Newport Beach.

The titles are:
1.  Jacintha - Here's To Ben (GRV1001)
2.  Roy Gaines - I Got The T-Bone Walker Blues  (GRV1002)
3.  Anthony Wilson - Jack of Hearts (GRV1046)

All the Groove Note releases will be true 2nd generation masters and will sound as
close to original master reference quality as possible.  The original analogue masters
(1/4 or 1/2 inch 30 ips) will be replayed off the highly modified and rebuilt Studer A80
in the Bernie Grundman mastering room via the Grundman EQ board direct to ATR102
reproduction machines (rebuilt and customised onboard electronics) running in slave at
1/4 inch 15 ips.

The mastering and EQ of all the reel to reel titles will be done by Bernie Grundman.  All
tapes will include reproductions of the original cover art and a 1K alignment tone.

The SRP of each set of tapes is $600.
-------------------------------------

I have a dupe of the "Best of Jacintha" made by Bernie Grundman with Groove Note's permission which I have played at many shows over the years & I can safely tell you that the Jacintha  titles are some of the finest sounding music you can find.

Drop by the San Clemente suite during the Newport Show & we'll play some of the Groove Note tapes for you...

Philip O'Hanlon
On A Higher Note
Philip O'Hanlon - TP Charter Subscriber.  EAR Technics 1520 - fully loaded. Sonorus ReVox PR99 mk II & mk III. Brinkman Balance w/ Van Den Hul Colibri, Luxman PD-444 - SME 3012R w/ Zu Denon 102  & Triplanar mk. VII w/ Ortofon Kontrapunkt C. EMT 931 / 929 w/ TS15. Loricraft record cleaner.

Offline ironbut

• Global Moderator
  • leader in spreading disinformation
  • rs1500>repro amp#1
    • View Profile
Re: Groove Note Records Announces 1'st R2R Titles
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2013, 01:03:53 PM »
Fantastic news Phillip!
That may make getting to The Show worth the drive.
steve koto
 Sony scd 777es(R. Kern mods)> Vpi Aires>Dynavector XX-2mkll>Bent mu>CAT ultimate>CJ premeir 140>Magnepan 1.6qr(Jensen xover)Headphone Eddie Current Zana Deux>AT ad2000,HD800 ,Metric Halo ULN-2 (battery powered),
 HE Audio Jades

Offline mantisory

• View Profile
Re: Groove Note Records Announces 1'st R2R Titles
« Reply #2 on: November 17, 2013, 06:55:33 AM »
I am just wondering if these tapes are available for purchase anywhere?
Regards,
Byron