TP-028, Nat Adderley's Work Song is now available

Author Topic: To all of my wonderful friends here  (Read 7891 times)

Offline rbwtapeinterlink-Bob

• For The Love Of Music
    • View Profile
    • Power Telecommunication for business & the church!
To all of my wonderful friends here
« on: December 23, 2013, 05:29:08 PM »
May you, your family and friends all have a blessed and wonderful Christmas and New Year!

Bob W.
Bob W. (African American) VPI, Ref Standard Grado, Denon 103r, Threshold, DecWare tube pre and Classe pre amp, Jolida tube phono pre amp, (Peter Gunn) modified Magnapan 1.6, Tascam 32-2B & 42B tape decks, Parasound belt drive CD transport, Pacific Valve tube DAC, VPI  TT, various upscale cables.

Offline ironbut

• Global Moderator
  • leader in spreading disinformation
  • rs1500>repro amp#1
    • View Profile
Re: To all of my wonderful friends here
« Reply #1 on: December 24, 2013, 03:09:04 PM »
Same to you Bob!
I've had a really great year and looking forward to what 2014 has in store!

Happy Holidays Tape Project members!
steve koto
 Sony scd 777es(R. Kern mods)> Vpi Aires>Dynavector XX-2mkll>Bent mu>CAT ultimate>CJ premeir 140>Magnepan 1.6qr(Jensen xover)Headphone Eddie Current Zana Deux>AT ad2000,HD800 ,Metric Halo ULN-2 (battery powered),
 HE Audio Jades

Offline Listens2tubes

• Reel Analog
    • View Profile
    • Listens2tubes
« Reply #2 on: December 28, 2013, 11:30:32 PM »
I hope your Xmas was more than you hoped for and your new year is healthy, happy and care free. Me, I want to have the funds available to get a full subscription. Is that too much to ask?
Neal - Ampex Fineline F-44, 3 - Otari MX5050BII-2, Revox A77 Mk II , Teac A 4010s, 4070, Sony TC102A, Magnecord 1020, Systemdek IIX/Dynavector Karat 17D2MKII, CEC CD3300 CDP, K Works NanoMax DAC, Van Alsine Transcendence Eight+ tube preamp, Dynaco MkIV amp pair, Paradigm Reference Studio 100 v1

• For The Love Of Music
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 30, 2013, 03:33:33 PM »
Listens2Tubes, I've been trying since I became a member of this great and wonderful tape/music forum (6 years?) and still can't seem to pull it together. Being on a fixed income makes it difficult, but I keep trying. Being less than rich is why I have the Amina tube tape head pre amp instead of the fabulous Tape Pro, Charles King's production or one of the other tape head pre amps. Thank God there are tapes I can afford, though just barely and I can enjoy. Obviously being a jazz lover I would love to get my hands on some of the Tape Projects stuff.

Earlier today I pulled out a tube pre amp I had in storage for months. I had been using my Classe pre amp which was doing just fine until recently. When I put on some of my music the sound was lifeless with a significant reduction in volume level. So I went to the garage and pulled out the Zen Triode pre amp model ZTPRE made by Decware. I purchased this pre used and then put it up for hard times since the Classe was working to perfection. After it appeared my Classe was sick and no longer thrilled me. I needed to subsitute the ZTPRE just so i could have some music. The amazing thing about the ZTPRE is that it has several switches that permit changes in the way it sounds. 

Initially, I hooked up my belt drive CD transport and put on the Bill Evans 'Blue in Green" CD and WOW! This was absolutely the first time I actually heard Eddie Gomez sing along with some portions of his bass solo. It was an awesome experience and got me to thinking about what might happen if I am able to replace the few capacitors and resistors this thing might sound better. I am already thinking about rolling the 6N1P tubes. I played another CD titled "Vertical Voices" singing the music of Maria Schneider. This is powerful stuff and I was amazed at what can be done with the human voice. As a matter of fact there are just 3 people, Julia Dollison, Kerry Marsh and Ben Monder singing all of the parts originally play by a full orchestra. Hooking up my Amina Tube Tape Head pre Amp and Tascam tape deck, I put on my Sonny Rollins (The Bridge) tape. Sounds like that's a Buescher Tenor Sax he's playing. The sound was big, bold, powerful and awesome. I don't know if anyone else has experienced not wanting to listen to their audio system because the music had no life. I am feeling great again even though I will have to put my Classe pre amp in the hospital for a while. How sad. Thanks for listening everyone and again, hope you all had a great Christmas and your New Years will be an even better one than 2013.  Bob W.
Bob W. (African American) VPI, Ref Standard Grado, Denon 103r, Threshold, DecWare tube pre and Classe pre amp, Jolida tube phono pre amp, (Peter Gunn) modified Magnapan 1.6, Tascam 32-2B & 42B tape decks, Parasound belt drive CD transport, Pacific Valve tube DAC, VPI  TT, various upscale cables.

Offline Listens2tubes

• Reel Analog
    • View Profile
    • Listens2tubes
« Reply #4 on: December 31, 2013, 12:02:16 PM »
Hi Bob,
         Note my tube selection in my AVA T8+, Valvo E188CC's are the best I found. This is very equipment specific. But keeping your eye on the ball can help gleene new testing vintage wonders.  As for the 6n1p see if you can get them cryo'd. I had a set that were nearly as good as the Valvos. Happy listening.

Neal
Neal - Ampex Fineline F-44, 3 - Otari MX5050BII-2, Revox A77 Mk II , Teac A 4010s, 4070, Sony TC102A, Magnecord 1020, Systemdek IIX/Dynavector Karat 17D2MKII, CEC CD3300 CDP, K Works NanoMax DAC, Van Alsine Transcendence Eight+ tube preamp, Dynaco MkIV amp pair, Paradigm Reference Studio 100 v1

• For The Love Of Music
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 31, 2013, 04:22:25 PM »
Hello Neal and as always it's great to get this response from you. I am certainly going to take your suggestion and go with a set of cryoed 6N1P tubes. I think a little tube rolling can be fruitful. At some point though, I want to get a schematics so that I can do some cap and resistor change. This pre amp sounds good already and i am sure it can be made to sound even better. I've just got to figure some way to get around the junction box that provides the additional inputs. It's high quality but must add something to the sound even if I can't hear it so far. Neal, you and everyone here have a blessed and very prosperous New Year.

Bob W.

Offline Listens2tubes

• Reel Analog
    • View Profile
    • Listens2tubes

Offline stellavox

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 04, 2014, 07:09:03 AM »
Happy and Healthy (and prosperous even) New Year to all. 

Enjoy; find solace, comfort and peace with your music in WHATEVER form you listen.

However, tape isn't a bad choice.

Keep your heads clean and your tails out!

Charles

• For The Love Of Music
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 04, 2014, 02:35:08 PM »
Hi Bob,
         Note my tube selection in my AVA T8+, Valvo E188CC's are the best I found. This is very equipment specific. But keeping your eye on the ball can help gleene new testing vintage wonders.  As for the 6n1p see if you can get them cryo'd. I had a set that were nearly as good as the Valvos. Happy listening.

Neal

Hello Neal, I've already ordered a pair of 6N1P's and looking forward to getting them in my pre amp. I am sure they will make a difference. Thanks for the suggestion and info sir.   Bob W.

Offline Listens2tubes

• Reel Analog
    • View Profile
    • Listens2tubes
« Reply #9 on: January 04, 2014, 09:41:51 PM »
I think you'll like them.