Check out the new Tape Project website at tapeproject.com, now with online ordering. Inventory is updated every week, so stop by often to see what we have in stock.

Author Topic: Played this for my wife last night  (Read 6470 times)

Offline TomR

• View Profile
Played this for my wife last night
« on: January 15, 2014, 02:59:33 PM »
She loved it! 

I moved in May to Burlingame, and my system is a bit different now - I still have my Technics RS1520 as the front end, but I am using Magnepan 3.7s with a Martin Logan Descent sub, and a Classe amp (preamp is an NAD).

Some mentioned that this tape sounds better at high volume - I totally agree! The dynamics really pop, and YOU CAN HEAR EVERYTHING, including some very subtle effects. My only complaints, and they aren't big- there is a lot of leader and trailer on each reel, and the included art is skimpy, although may be an exact reproduction of the original Stax LP.

I saw that this tape was in stock this week - even though this music isn't my own normal cup of tea I can highly recommend this tape.
Thomas Ream

Technics RS1520(not yet modified)/Nottingham Space 294 w/Koetsu Black and Simaudio LP5.3/Sony XA9000ES/ReVox A-77/Simaudio I-7/B&W 804's