TP-027, Jerry Garcia / David Grisman wins a Writer's Choice Award from Myles Astor of Positive Feedback Online

Author Topic: Hey Paul, any plans on another bias clinic  (Read 9111 times)

Offline ironbut

• Global Moderator
  • leader in spreading disinformation
  • rs1500>repro amp#1
    • View Profile
Hey Paul, any plans on another bias clinic
« on: January 18, 2007, 07:35:33 PM »
I noticed a page on ATR's site that they held a workshop on adjusting r2r's at your studio (last year?). Are there any plans on having another one. ? It could well be over my head (he-he), but , if you could let us know if you do have another one there, I'd be interested if I can afford it of course. Could you tell us a bit about what they did?
steve koto
 Sony scd 777es(R. Kern mods)> Vpi Aires>Dynavector XX-2mkll>Bent mu>CAT ultimate>CJ premeir 140>Magnepan 1.6qr(Jensen xover)Headphone Eddie Current Zana Deux>AT ad2000,HD800 ,Metric Halo ULN-2 (battery powered),
 HE Audio Jades

Offline High and Outside

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Hey Paul, any plans on another bias clinic
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2007, 10:25:50 PM »
Hi Steve,

ATR Service did indeed host a day-long seminar at our place the day after the AES convention closed last October. They covered machine alignment in depth. The target audience was studio engineers who use analog tape machines, not necessarily maintenance techs.

They do these clinics from time to time in various parts of the country. There is not any plan currently to do another one in San Francisco, but if the AES brings the convention back to SF in 2008 it's a very good bet that it'll happen again.
Paul Stubblebine
Managing Director, The TapeProject

Offline ironbut

• Global Moderator
  • leader in spreading disinformation
  • rs1500>repro amp#1
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2007, 10:44:22 PM »
Thanks Paul. I forgot about AES being here then. That makes sense. I didn't hear about AES until I had plans to go to the Hardly Strictly Bluegrass Fest.. It was a blast as always and probably better for me. I've read a few AES reports and they make my tiny head spin.
steve koto
 Sony scd 777es(R. Kern mods)> Vpi Aires>Dynavector XX-2mkll>Bent mu>CAT ultimate>CJ premeir 140>Magnepan 1.6qr(Jensen xover)Headphone Eddie Current Zana Deux>AT ad2000,HD800 ,Metric Halo ULN-2 (battery powered),
 HE Audio Jades

Offline Romo

• Michael Romanowski
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • tapeproject
« Reply #3 on: February 02, 2007, 12:16:40 AM »
Hardly Strickly is one of my favorite festivals. And so cool that it's free ... and close. Unfortunately missed it entirely this year due to AES. Which was also cool...and close : )
Maybe in 2008 they won't happen to be on the very same weekend.
Michael
Managing Director
The Tape Project

Offline High and Outside

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 14, 2007, 10:20:47 PM »
ATR services has announced their next alignment clinic:

ATR Spring Seminar on April 27th, 2007
Learn to calibrate your tape machine like a pro!  ATR's next analog tape machine alignment and calibration seminar will be held at our York, PA facility on Friday, April 27th, 2007. Attendees of all ability and experience levels are welcome, as we cover a wide range of topics and tailor each seminar to the particular needs and questions of the participants.  The seminar will held from 9:30 AM to 5:00 PM at our York, PA location.  The cost is $250 per person for those attendees that have not purchased or restored a machine with us, and $150 for those that have.  This cost includes lunch and all materials.  Please click here for more information or to sign up for the seminar.  Space is limited and seminars sell out quickly. We hope to see you there!

http://www.atrservice.com/seminars/
Paul Stubblebine
Managing Director, The TapeProject