Check out the new Tape Project website at tapeproject.com, now with online ordering. Inventory is updated every week, so stop by often to see what we have in stock.

Author Topic: Paul Stubblebine Interview  (Read 4561 times)

Offline ironbut

• Global Moderator
  • leader in spreading disinformation
  • rs1500>repro amp#1
    • View Profile
Paul Stubblebine Interview
« on: January 03, 2015, 02:42:12 PM »
If you haven't been keeping an eye on the progress of the Museum of Magnetic Recording, be sure and check out that exciting thread;
http://tapeproject.com/smf/index.php?topic=2841.0

In the latest update from Martin (thanks) there's a fantastic interview with Paul where he discusses his career in the recording arts.
Not to be missed!

http://museumofmagneticsoundrecording.org/2014ProgressReport.htm

steve koto
 Sony scd 777es(R. Kern mods)> Vpi Aires>Dynavector XX-2mkll>Bent mu>CAT ultimate>CJ premeir 140>Magnepan 1.6qr(Jensen xover)Headphone Eddie Current Zana Deux>AT ad2000,HD800 ,Metric Halo ULN-2 (battery powered),
 HE Audio Jades

Offline Listens2tubes

• Reel Analog
    • View Profile
    • Listens2tubes
Re: Paul Stubblebine Interview
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2015, 07:40:05 PM »
LOVE!!! Paul is a gem these days. I was so excited to see his mastering of the Reference Recordings LPs I an trying not to buy. But will succumb soon. I made a shortcut on my desktop for that page with all it's great stuff. Steve
Neal - Ampex Fineline F-44, 3 - Otari MX5050BII-2, Revox A77 Mk II , Teac A 4010s, 4070, Sony TC102A, Magnecord 1020, Systemdek IIX/Dynavector Karat 17D2MKII, CEC CD3300 CDP, K Works NanoMax DAC, Van Alsine Transcendence Eight+ tube preamp, Dynaco MkIV amp pair, Paradigm Reference Studio 100 v1

Offline steveidosound

• View Profile
Re: Paul Stubblebine Interview
« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2015, 11:31:20 AM »
Fascinating hearing the history.
I started out doing exactly the same things back in the day. (Where did I go wrong? :-)
Paul, you are blessed to have had such a life.
In a way you, (and the whole Tape Project crew), Martin Theophilus for his collecting, Len Horowitz for his activities with collecting restoration and advancement of the legacy of Westrex cutters, and  Keith Johnson @ Reference for his advancement of the state of the audio art in many areas, are all my heroes.
Steve Williams

you don't want to know what equipment I listen to...