TP-027, Jerry Garcia / David Grisman wins a Writer's Choice Award from Myles Astor of Positive Feedback Online

Author Topic: Possible New Classical Tape  (Read 5906 times)

Offline astrotoy

• View Profile
Possible New Classical Tape
« on: February 07, 2015, 09:17:44 PM »
I recently bought an LP from MA Recordings of the Bach Goldberg Variations played by Ito Ema, recorded in 1994 using a Studer A820 at 30ips half inch tape on 3M 996. The LP is great and I asked Todd Garfinkle whether he would consider doing a 15ips 2 track release. The record is about 45 minutes long so it would be 2 reels, much like the TP releases. He said he had been thinking about it, but wanted a sense of how many he would be making and selling. He would make a copy (I believe 30ips 1/2 inch) and then run the copies to sell from the copy, since the original has splices that he would not like to run through multiple times. I suggest that a price around 300-400 would be competitive with most of the tapes that are being sold by TP and others. You can go to the MA Recordings website to learn more.

If you are interested, you can PM me. We classical music fans don't get too many opportunities for 15 ips 2 track these days.

Thanks, Larry
Larry Toy CharterMember-BHReproTechnics1506/Akai747dbx/OtariMX5050B3-ClassicalVinylFreak-15Krecs-VPIHRXRimDrv-LyraSkala-HelikonMono-HerronVTSP3A/BHPhonoPre-PacificMicrosonics Model2 - Pyramix&MykerinosCard-OppoNE-Proceed AVP2+6/CVP2-CJ MET1-Cary 2A3SE-AvantgardeDuos-3Solos-VelodyneDD18Sub