Check out the new Tape Project website at tapeproject.com, now with online ordering. Inventory is updated every week, so stop by often to see what we have in stock.

Author Topic: What happened?  (Read 4022 times)

Offline Listens2tubes

• Reel Analog
    • View Profile
    • Listens2tubes
What happened?
« on: March 14, 2015, 02:20:27 PM »
This forum has been so quiet. Sometimes when scanning the post reply dates they jive with the last few days but are from 2012. The Show unread posts link has never shown me anything. Scrolling down the the bootom of the page gleans the latest post info anyway. I never saw an enormous amount of User and guests at any time but the posts have become farther apart than makes sence. Now I should not talk since I have not been able to listen to my tapes for some time. But, I see sales were brisk and not one review has surfaced. This was a tape lovers place as well as Tape Project forum with a good amount of info and qestions and answers. What happened?
Neal - Ampex Fineline F-44, 3 - Otari MX5050BII-2, Revox A77 Mk II , Teac A 4010s, 4070, Sony TC102A, Magnecord 1020, Systemdek IIX/Dynavector Karat 17D2MKII, CEC CD3300 CDP, K Works NanoMax DAC, Van Alsine Transcendence Eight+ tube preamp, Dynaco MkIV amp pair, Paradigm Reference Studio 100 v1

Offline docb

• Administrator
  • leader in spreading disinformation
    • View Profile
    • Bottlehead Corp.
Re: What happened?
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2015, 09:54:31 AM »
We have been wondering that too. Album sales have been excellent this year, so it's not for a lack of interest in the project. And we have certainly been hearing lots of positive feedback from new customers via email. Bottlehead has been building Tube Repros at a steady pace. And we have been giving referrals to Shawn Phelps, aka hifibuilderguy, who was the tech who installed the tape path mods in Technics and Otari decks for us in the past. He is now back to doing those mods on a selective basis.

So I'll suggest it's just that we need to rekindle the community in some fashion. I'll start by volunteering to put together an evening listening session at Bottleheadquarters in April. And we are planning to attend THE Show Newport this May.

As always, we're working various angles for more titles as well.
Dan "Doc B." Schmalle
President for Life, Bottlehead Corp.
Managing Director - retired, The Tape Project

Offline xcortes

• View Profile
Re: What happened?
« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2015, 04:00:51 PM »
I think the thing is. These tapes are so wonderful we just sit back and listen to them. At least that's what I do.

In any case I will fire up a question: if I'm right there's still two or three pending titles to be announced for Series 3. What can we expect?

Saludos
Xavier Cortes