Can you believe it? Tape Project is ten years old! Thanks to everyone who has supported us in introducing studio quality tape reproduction to the audiophile community!

Author Topic: TP-026 getting ready to ship!  (Read 12962 times)

Offline docb

• Administrator
  • leader in spreading disinformation
    • View Profile
    • Bottlehead Corp.
TP-026 getting ready to ship!
« on: April 23, 2015, 02:46:10 PM »
We are putting the finishing touches on the first run of TP-026, Oliver Nelson's Afro/American Sketches. Along with its talented composer/musician this album has a bunch of other great things going for it. It's a jazz orchestra, and the complexity and texture of orchestral music is something that tape excels in delivering. And it was recorded by a giant, Rudy Van Gelder. The sonics of the brass and percussion on this album are quite mesmerizing. Charter subscribers should see their copies soon and we will have TP-026 for sale in our online store right after that.
Dan "Doc B." Schmalle
President for Life, Bottlehead Corp.
Managing Director - retired, The Tape Project

Offline ironbut

• Global Moderator
  • rs1500>repro amp#1
    • View Profile
Re: TP-026 getting ready to ship!
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2015, 01:27:30 PM »
Awesome!
I'll shine up the system this weekend (totally behind on my audiophile chores).
steve koto
 Sony scd 777es(R. Kern mods)> Vpi Aires>Dynavector XX-2mkll>Bent mu>CAT ultimate>CJ premeir 140>Magnepan 1.6qr(Jensen xover)Headphone Eddie Current Zana Deux>AT ad2000,HD800 ,Metric Halo ULN-2 (battery powered),
 HE Audio Jades

Offline astrotoy

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 05, 2015, 05:20:41 PM »
Mine arrived yesterday!  Larry
Larry Toy CharterMember-BHReproTechnics1506/Akai747dbx/OtariMX5050B3-ClassicalVinylFreak-15Krecs-VPIHRXRimDrv-LyraSkala-HelikonMono-HerronVTSP3A/BHPhonoPre-PacificMicrosonics Model2 - Pyramix&MykerinosCard-OppoNE-Proceed AVP2+6/CVP2-CJ MET1-Cary 2A3SE-AvantgardeDuos-3Solos-VelodyneDD18Sub

Offline ironbut

• Global Moderator
  • rs1500>repro amp#1
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 06, 2015, 02:38:59 PM »
Mine too!
I should have time to really sit down and do some serious listening in the next few days.
steve koto
 Sony scd 777es(R. Kern mods)> Vpi Aires>Dynavector XX-2mkll>Bent mu>CAT ultimate>CJ premeir 140>Magnepan 1.6qr(Jensen xover)Headphone Eddie Current Zana Deux>AT ad2000,HD800 ,Metric Halo ULN-2 (battery powered),
 HE Audio Jades

Offline c1ferrari

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 08, 2015, 10:44:55 PM »
Mine three! ;-)
Sam Lucero
SPQCV
:-)

Offline Blunderbus

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 30, 2015, 04:53:34 PM »
OK so at least three people on the planet were to have received this title in a few days after posting their squeels of delight and other than Ironbut no one else has gotten around to playing the darn tape and telling the rest of us how it sounds?

I am not bitter; no not me!

No offence Ironbut.  Your taste is impeccable.
« Last Edit: May 30, 2015, 04:56:26 PM by Blunderbus »
Charlie Vonderheid

Offline MylesAstor

• View Profile
    • Positive-Feedback Online
« Reply #6 on: July 17, 2015, 06:43:17 AM »
OK so at least three people on the planet were to have received this title in a few days after posting their squeels of delight and other than Ironbut no one else has gotten around to playing the darn tape and telling the rest of us how it sounds?

I am not bitter; no not me!

No offence Ironbut.  Your taste is impeccable.

Mine just arrived and it's in the listening queue! 😄 Have  a couple of other reviews to finish first.
Myles B. Astor
Magico S5 Mk. 2/cj ART>cj GAT Series 2 preamp>Doshi 3.0 phono>VPI Vanquish/3D arm/Atlas SL/Ortofon A95 cartridges/SRA Ohio Class XL+2 base>Technics 1506/low ind. FM heads/balanced out/Doshi V3.0 tape stage>Kubala-Sosna Emotion/ Transparent Audio Gen. 5; Viero speaker cables