TP-028, Nat Adderley's Work Song is now available

Author Topic: The Meters  (Read 6201 times)

Offline Good Vibes

• View Profile
The Meters
« on: April 25, 2015, 06:23:10 PM »
I would love to hear two classic 70's instrumental funk albums from The Meters as an upcoming Tape Project... Look-Ka Py Py or their self-titled album. What incredible music and musicians from the Crescent City!!

Offline High and Outside

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: The Meters
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2015, 04:55:44 PM »
I've wanted to put out a Meters album since we first started the company. Seriously, "Rejuvenation" has been on the want list since we first put one together.

I heard them live many times back in the day, even got to work with them in the studio briefly. Incredible band. So imagine my delight when I happened to be in New Orleans for the last day of JazzFest last month, and they were playing...original lineup. Man, those cats can still bring it!

Let's cross our fingers that a Meters album comes out as a Tape Project release real soon.
Paul Stubblebine
Managing Director, The TapeProject

Offline Good Vibes

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2015, 01:29:24 PM »
Paul,

Thanks for your response!  I envy you for having the opportunity to see those guys perform live at the JazzFest!  I'm sure it was quite a show.

I can't tell you how much I enjoy my Tape Project music.  So far, I have Waltz for Debby, Saxophone Colossus and I'll Take You There.

I would be first in line to purchase a Tape Project version of The Meters!  I will keep my fingers crossed!

All the best,

Good Vibes

Offline c1ferrari

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 08, 2015, 12:17:20 PM »
Quite a commendation, Paul...I would look forward to it!

Sam
Sam Lucero
SPQCV
:-)