Check out the new Tape Project website at tapeproject.com, now with online ordering. Inventory is updated every week, so stop by often to see what we have in stock.

Author Topic: Ole # 54 is back  (Read 3251 times)

Offline Blunderbus

• View Profile
Ole # 54 is back
« on: May 25, 2015, 04:24:20 PM »
After a long hiatus the details of which I will not bore you with and thanks to some degree to a post by Xcortes of the attributes of the Technics RS 1500 family of tape decks (modified and stock) I am back.

With Series One and Two full subscriptions which until last week were unopened TP tapes and a recently acquired restored/modified RS 1520 from Jeff at J-Corders I played my first tape in 30 years.  It was a tape that Jeff made from my recently acquired deck.  I am not crazy enough to risk a $375.00 tape until I get the hang of threading tape around a taco.

None the less sounded might fine; mighty fine indeed.

Nice to finally hear what the fuss is all about.

When I purchased the Cole/Shearing title just before the final price increase Eileen asked me if I was going to play the tapes I had just unboxed.

Sarcasm does not become some people Eileen!  On you though it looks pretty good.  It must be your delivery.  Doc tutoring you I suppose.

Still just a person who enjoys music, not a tech savy type, so I apologize in advance to those who frown on those not in the know.  I will try not to hold that against you.

Here's lookin at you Ironbut

Charlie Vonderheid