TP-027, Jerry Garcia / David Grisman wins a Writer's Choice Award from Myles Astor of Positive Feedback Online

Author Topic: California Audio Show 2015, San Francisco  (Read 8374 times)

Offline High and Outside

• Administrator
    • View Profile
California Audio Show 2015, San Francisco
« on: August 02, 2015, 12:27:44 AM »
Anybody going? August 14, 15, 16 at the Westin SFO by the airport.

We'll be spinning tapes in the room of Burwell and Sons Loudspeakers, San Francisco Suite, third floor. Running an all Bottlehead system, no less. Any time during the show that you get there you'll probably see at least one of us: Dan, Eileen or myself.

We have something special for subscribers too: a little get-together Saturday afternoon and a bit into the evening. Dan and I will be available to field all your probing, hard-hitting questions about the Tape Project. But someone else will probably be the star of the show: one of TP's artists, the sultry, sensual and sensational Jacqui Naylor. We'll be playing a track or two from Jacqui's exclusive Tape Project release, TP-001, The Number White, and discussing the technical challenges in the making of this pioneering effort in the 21st century rebirth of audiophile tape listening - an album recorded entirely on analog tape. Jacqui will have her other albums available as well and you will be able to buy autographed copies and have a chat with one of the most gracious and charming artists in the business.

Later we'll be playing our newest album, TP-027, the Jerry Garcia and David Grisman tape in its entirety. So come on by for a light nosh, a thirst quencher, some good tunes and a good hang. 5:30 PM on.
Paul Stubblebine
Managing Director, The TapeProject

Offline ironbut

• Global Moderator
  • leader in spreading disinformation
  • rs1500>repro amp#1
    • View Profile
Re: California Audio Show 2015, San Francisco
« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2015, 10:59:55 AM »
Is it August already!
This summer is flying by.

I'll be there for a listen and a visit.
Can't wait to hear the Grisman!
Didn't you master some of the Acoustic Disc releases?
steve koto
 Sony scd 777es(R. Kern mods)> Vpi Aires>Dynavector XX-2mkll>Bent mu>CAT ultimate>CJ premeir 140>Magnepan 1.6qr(Jensen xover)Headphone Eddie Current Zana Deux>AT ad2000,HD800 ,Metric Halo ULN-2 (battery powered),
 HE Audio Jades

Offline ironbut

• Global Moderator
  • leader in spreading disinformation
  • rs1500>repro amp#1
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 15, 2015, 10:54:33 PM »
You Bay Area Tape Project guys really missed an awesome evening.
First off, just getting to spend a little time with Dan, Eileen and Paul is enough of a treat.
But getting some of the inside story on the creation of TP001 from Jacqui, Dan and Paul made took it to another level.

Luckily, they the crew sans Jacqui will be there on Sunday.
steve koto
 Sony scd 777es(R. Kern mods)> Vpi Aires>Dynavector XX-2mkll>Bent mu>CAT ultimate>CJ premeir 140>Magnepan 1.6qr(Jensen xover)Headphone Eddie Current Zana Deux>AT ad2000,HD800 ,Metric Halo ULN-2 (battery powered),
 HE Audio Jades

Offline astrotoy

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 17, 2015, 06:11:31 PM »
Thanks, Steve.  I was busy this past weekend and didn't make it to the show. However, Dan and Eileen stopped by this morning and I got a chance to audition the new BH Neothoriator headphone amp, amp, preamp, etc. Quite impressive - powered by two giant 845 tubes. Not something subtle to hide on your equipment shelf.  I got a pair of AKG K1000 headphones and am looking for the right amp to drive them.

Larry
Larry Toy CharterMember-BHReproTechnics1506/Akai747dbx/OtariMX5050B3-ClassicalVinylFreak-15Krecs-VPIHRXRimDrv-LyraSkala-HelikonMono-HerronVTSP3A/BHPhonoPre-PacificMicrosonics Model2 - Pyramix&MykerinosCard-OppoNE-Proceed AVP2+6/CVP2-CJ MET1-Cary 2A3SE-AvantgardeDuos-3Solos-VelodyneDD18Sub