Check out the new Tape Project website at tapeproject.com, now with online ordering. Inventory is updated every week, so stop by often to see what we have in stock.

Author Topic: Upcoming recording session  (Read 8996 times)

Offline docb

• Administrator
  • leader in spreading disinformation
    • View Profile
    • Bottlehead Corp.
Upcoming recording session
« on: August 19, 2015, 10:44:43 AM »
Last weekend I had the good fortune to hang with my dear friends Jacqui Naylor and Art Khu. During a really fun hang we tentatively planned a live recording session at Bottleheadquarters in early October. That date has now been firmed up to December 4th and 5th

This will be the third time that Jacqui and Art have performed at BHQ. Last year we decided at the last minute to record the gig. The show was fabulous, and though the resulting recording was not up to my technical standard in terms of a commercial release it gave me confidence to try again with a better setup. The shows are really fun and very intimate with an audience of just a couple dozen.

I am planning to pull out all the stops this year with a newly acquired Altec 250SU all tube mixing console and if time permits I will finish my Studer A80 and we will record to 1" two track tape, mixed "on the fly".

I will update this as the plan comes together.
« Last Edit: November 09, 2015, 02:24:43 PM by docb »
Dan "Doc B." Schmalle
President for Life, Bottlehead Corp.
Managing Director - retired, The Tape Project

Offline Listens2tubes

• Reel Analog
    • View Profile
    • Listens2tubes
Re: Upcoming recording session
« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2015, 07:02:07 PM »
If a video of the proceedings can be shot, then we all could experience this landmark event.
Neal - Ampex Fineline F-44, 3 - Otari MX5050BII-2, Revox A77 Mk II , Teac A 4010s, 4070, Sony TC102A, Magnecord 1020, Systemdek IIX/Dynavector Karat 17D2MKII, CEC CD3300 CDP, K Works NanoMax DAC, Van Alsine Transcendence Eight+ tube preamp, Dynaco MkIV amp pair, Paradigm Reference Studio 100 v1

Offline ed

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 30, 2015, 03:38:02 PM »
>>>an audience of just a couple dozen<<<
How does one get THIS 'blessing'? I missed the NW Audio Society gig due to travel...

Offline docb

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Bottlehead Corp.
« Reply #3 on: August 30, 2015, 04:12:48 PM »
Very easy, you simply buy a ticket when they become available. We will announce that. Due to various scheduling conflicts we have tentatively bumped the date of the session to December 4th.
Dan "Doc B." Schmalle
President for Life, Bottlehead Corp.
Managing Director - retired, The Tape Project

Offline ironbut

• Global Moderator
  • rs1500>repro amp#1
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 31, 2015, 11:58:15 AM »
That console looks cool (love that Altec green).
From a quick google, looks like 10 In?
Guessing there are a few transformer mic inputs among those?

steve koto
 Sony scd 777es(R. Kern mods)> Vpi Aires>Dynavector XX-2mkll>Bent mu>CAT ultimate>CJ premeir 140>Magnepan 1.6qr(Jensen xover)Headphone Eddie Current Zana Deux>AT ad2000,HD800 ,Metric Halo ULN-2 (battery powered),
 HE Audio Jades