TP-027, Jerry Garcia / David Grisman wins a Writer's Choice Award from Myles Astor of Positive Feedback Online

Author Topic: Otari MTR-10 U problems!  (Read 4459 times)

Offline Eurostar

• View Profile
Otari MTR-10 U problems!
« on: November 26, 2015, 08:48:56 PM »
Hey there folks. New member here who's got a little problem with his Otari MTR-10.

Basically...here's the scoop... there are two cables that reside on the PSU which connect to thin air. They are the two 5 volt, red colored cables that come out of the PSU board located right next to CN13. If anybody can open up their MTR-10 to see where the other ends of these cables attach to that would be very very helpful.

Moreover... The transport controls do not work right either... The STOP light blinks when it is pressed and the FFWD light also lights up when the STOP button is engaged. The PLAY button starts blinking when it is pressed and the EDIT/UNLOAD button turns on too when the PLAY button is engaged. None of these buttons actually affect the reels. The reels are not turning.

The reels do work though. The motors were on full blast FFWD yesterday but after messing around with the card for the reel controls the motors have now stopped from turning, however if I take the card out and if I press it back in firmly into the card slot without actually seating the card, the motors start turning again.

Any help getting this machine working again would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

« Last Edit: November 26, 2015, 09:29:54 PM by Eurostar »

Offline docb

• Administrator
  • leader in spreading disinformation
    • View Profile
    • Bottlehead Corp.
Dan "Doc B." Schmalle
President for Life, Bottlehead Corp.
Managing Director - retired, The Tape Project

Offline cvandyke

• View Profile
Re: Otari MTR-10 U problems!
« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2015, 08:45:36 AM »
If you still need help, I can look at my MTR-10. Just so I understand your post, you are trying to figure out where two wires from the power supply at the bottom of the machine connect? If some of the logic circuits are not receiving their power, I would expect some wacky behavior so I think it possible this would explain your problems.
____
Chris Van Dyke