TP-028, Nat Adderley's Work Song is now available

Author Topic: Reference 15-ips Tape List  (Read 11464 times)

Offline MylesAstor

• View Profile
    • Positive-Feedback Online
Reference 15-ips Tape List
« on: June 16, 2016, 02:56:21 PM »
Thought everyone would enjoy checking out the reference tape list that I've put together on my bulletin board www.audionirvana.com. I've also assembled a list of all the companies now releasing legitimate tapes in the world--with two more including one big name --to come before the end of the year!

Best of the Best: see post #12 for latest update!

https://www.audionirvana.org/forum/the-audio-vault/all-things-reel-to-reel/104-the-best-of-the-best

And for current tape resources:

https://www.audionirvana.org/forum/the-audio-vault/all-things-reel-to-reel/103-where-to-find-reel-to-reel-recordings
Myles B. Astor
Magico S5 Mk. 2/cj ART>cj GAT Series 2 preamp>Doshi 3.0 phono>VPI Vanquish/3D arm/Atlas SL/Ortofon A95 cartridges/SRA Ohio Class XL+2 base>Technics 1506/low ind. FM heads/balanced out/Doshi V3.0 tape stage>Kubala-Sosna Emotion/ Transparent Audio Gen. 5; Viero speaker cables

Offline ironbut

• Global Moderator
  • leader in spreading disinformation
  • rs1500>repro amp#1
    • View Profile
Re: Reference 15-ips Tape List
« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2016, 01:43:59 PM »
Awesome lists Myles!
I'll have to pick up some tapes I see.
Keep up the great work!
steve koto
 Sony scd 777es(R. Kern mods)> Vpi Aires>Dynavector XX-2mkll>Bent mu>CAT ultimate>CJ premeir 140>Magnepan 1.6qr(Jensen xover)Headphone Eddie Current Zana Deux>AT ad2000,HD800 ,Metric Halo ULN-2 (battery powered),
 HE Audio Jades

Offline astrotoy

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2016, 09:31:12 AM »
Myles, great list.  I would add a few of Ed Pong's tapes also. (Ultraanaloguerecordings.com).  Just ordered the latest (Set 5) group of tapes from Bob Attiyeh (yarlungrecords.com) which includes his first grand orchestral recording - Gerard Schwarz conducting Mahler's 5th Symphony. 

Larry
Larry Toy CharterMember-BHReproTechnics1506/Akai747dbx/OtariMX5050B3-ClassicalVinylFreak-15Krecs-VPIHRXRimDrv-LyraSkala-HelikonMono-HerronVTSP3A/BHPhonoPre-PacificMicrosonics Model2 - Pyramix&MykerinosCard-OppoNE-Proceed AVP2+6/CVP2-CJ MET1-Cary 2A3SE-AvantgardeDuos-3Solos-VelodyneDD18Sub

Offline MylesAstor

• View Profile
    • Positive-Feedback Online
« Reply #3 on: June 05, 2017, 10:41:30 AM »
Top tape list revision. A few new tapes added to the list and some new additions to the Bakers Dozen.

https://www.audionirvana.org/forum/the-audio-vault/all-things-reel-to-reel/104-the-best-of-the-best/page2
Myles B. Astor
Magico S5 Mk. 2/cj ART>cj GAT Series 2 preamp>Doshi 3.0 phono>VPI Vanquish/3D arm/Atlas SL/Ortofon A95 cartridges/SRA Ohio Class XL+2 base>Technics 1506/low ind. FM heads/balanced out/Doshi V3.0 tape stage>Kubala-Sosna Emotion/ Transparent Audio Gen. 5; Viero speaker cables