Check out the new Tape Project website at tapeproject.com, now with online ordering. Inventory is updated every week, so stop by often to see what we have in stock.

Author Topic: Reference 15-ips Tape List  (Read 11536 times)

Offline MylesAstor

• View Profile
    • Positive-Feedback Online
Reference 15-ips Tape List
« on: June 16, 2016, 02:56:21 PM »
Thought everyone would enjoy checking out the reference tape list that I've put together on my bulletin board www.audionirvana.com. I've also assembled a list of all the companies now releasing legitimate tapes in the world--with two more including one big name --to come before the end of the year!

Best of the Best: see post #12 for latest update!

https://www.audionirvana.org/forum/the-audio-vault/all-things-reel-to-reel/104-the-best-of-the-best

And for current tape resources:

https://www.audionirvana.org/forum/the-audio-vault/all-things-reel-to-reel/103-where-to-find-reel-to-reel-recordings
Myles B. Astor
Magico S5 Mk. 2/cj ART>cj GAT Series 2 preamp>Doshi 3.0 phono>VPI Vanquish/3D arm/Atlas SL/Ortofon A95 cartridges/SRA Ohio Class XL+2 base>Technics 1506/low ind. FM heads/balanced out/Doshi V3.0 tape stage>Kubala-Sosna Emotion/ Transparent Audio Gen. 5; Viero speaker cables

Offline ironbut

• Global Moderator
  • leader in spreading disinformation
  • rs1500>repro amp#1
    • View Profile
Re: Reference 15-ips Tape List
« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2016, 01:43:59 PM »
Awesome lists Myles!
I'll have to pick up some tapes I see.
Keep up the great work!
steve koto
 Sony scd 777es(R. Kern mods)> Vpi Aires>Dynavector XX-2mkll>Bent mu>CAT ultimate>CJ premeir 140>Magnepan 1.6qr(Jensen xover)Headphone Eddie Current Zana Deux>AT ad2000,HD800 ,Metric Halo ULN-2 (battery powered),
 HE Audio Jades

Offline astrotoy

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2016, 09:31:12 AM »
Myles, great list.  I would add a few of Ed Pong's tapes also. (Ultraanaloguerecordings.com).  Just ordered the latest (Set 5) group of tapes from Bob Attiyeh (yarlungrecords.com) which includes his first grand orchestral recording - Gerard Schwarz conducting Mahler's 5th Symphony. 

Larry
Larry Toy CharterMember-BHReproTechnics1506/Akai747dbx/OtariMX5050B3-ClassicalVinylFreak-15Krecs-VPIHRXRimDrv-LyraSkala-HelikonMono-HerronVTSP3A/BHPhonoPre-PacificMicrosonics Model2 - Pyramix&MykerinosCard-OppoNE-Proceed AVP2+6/CVP2-CJ MET1-Cary 2A3SE-AvantgardeDuos-3Solos-VelodyneDD18Sub

Offline MylesAstor

• View Profile
    • Positive-Feedback Online
« Reply #3 on: June 05, 2017, 10:41:30 AM »
Top tape list revision. A few new tapes added to the list and some new additions to the Bakers Dozen.

https://www.audionirvana.org/forum/the-audio-vault/all-things-reel-to-reel/104-the-best-of-the-best/page2
Myles B. Astor
Magico S5 Mk. 2/cj ART>cj GAT Series 2 preamp>Doshi 3.0 phono>VPI Vanquish/3D arm/Atlas SL/Ortofon A95 cartridges/SRA Ohio Class XL+2 base>Technics 1506/low ind. FM heads/balanced out/Doshi V3.0 tape stage>Kubala-Sosna Emotion/ Transparent Audio Gen. 5; Viero speaker cables