TP-027, Jerry Garcia / David Grisman wins a Writer's Choice Award from Myles Astor of Positive Feedback Online

Author Topic: I guess...  (Read 9139 times)

Offline xcortes

• View Profile
I guess...
« on: October 15, 2016, 08:43:33 AM »
Bob Dylan just earned the right to be released by the TP ;)
Xavier Cortes

Offline TomR

• View Profile
Re: I guess...
« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2016, 11:18:00 AM »
IMO, he already had that right....but which Bob Dylan would we like to see?  Blood on the Tracks would be my own first choice.
Thomas Ream

Technics RS1520(not yet modified)/Nottingham Space 294 w/Koetsu Black and Simaudio LP5.3/Sony XA9000ES/ReVox A-77/Simaudio I-7/B&W 804's

Offline High and Outside

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 10, 2016, 05:54:13 PM »
I'd like to hear from other people which Bob Dylan titles they would like. We already have on our wish list: Hwy 61, Nashville Skyline, Blood On The Tracks. These have been on our wish list since before he started winning high profile awards.

So Dylan fans, please chime in.

One oddball personal note: when I was getting trained in LP cutting, my teachers had me start by pushing the spiral button while they cut records and explained the finer points to me. Just whatever records they happened to be cutting at the time. Turned out the records they were cutting at the time were Herbie Hancock's Headhunters and Blood On The Tracks. No, I didn't master those records, George and Phil did. That's the music I was listening to while they trained me.

Paul Stubblebine
Managing Director, The TapeProject

Offline xcortes

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 11, 2016, 04:25:35 PM »
I'd go for one of the early mono ones!
Xavier Cortes

Offline MylesAstor

• View Profile
    • Positive-Feedback Online
« Reply #4 on: December 02, 2016, 05:46:26 AM »
I'd like to hear from other people which Bob Dylan titles they would like. We already have on our wish list: Hwy 61, Nashville Skyline, Blood On The Tracks. These have been on our wish list since before he started winning high profile awards.

So Dylan fans, please chime in.

One oddball personal note: when I was getting trained in LP cutting, my teachers had me start by pushing the spiral button while they cut records and explained the finer points to me. Just whatever records they happened to be cutting at the time. Turned out the records they were cutting at the time were Herbie Hancock's Headhunters and Blood On The Tracks. No, I didn't master those records, George and Phil did. That's the music I was listening to while they trained me.

I was always attached to The Freewheelin' Bob Dylan. Done by John Hammnond, Sr., thought Freewheelin' had amazing sonics.
Myles B. Astor
Magico S5 Mk. 2/cj ART>cj GAT Series 2 preamp>Doshi 3.0 phono>VPI Vanquish/3D arm/Atlas SL/Ortofon A95 cartridges/SRA Ohio Class XL+2 base>Technics 1506/low ind. FM heads/balanced out/Doshi V3.0 tape stage>Kubala-Sosna Emotion/ Transparent Audio Gen. 5; Viero speaker cables

Offline c1ferrari

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 23, 2016, 10:20:38 AM »
I'd like to hear from other people which Bob Dylan titles they would like. We already have on our wish list: Hwy 61, Nashville Skyline, Blood On The Tracks.

These all sound like good choices.
Sam Lucero
SPQCV
:-)