Can you believe it? Tape Project is ten years old! Thanks to everyone who has supported us in introducing studio quality tape reproduction to the audiophile community!

Author Topic: Tape Storage  (Read 9519 times)

Offline TomR

• View Profile
Tape Storage
« on: January 06, 2017, 10:32:25 AM »
I am going to be moving my tapes from my office into what we call the "music room".  (We call it that because I keep my two guitars there, one Spanish and one steel string.  Sadly, I am a poor guitar player, but they look great).  I also keep my jazz and popular LPs there, using Mapleshade storage units.  Just curious what others use for tape storage.  The Mapleshade look good, but there are a few negatives.  In my office, where my classical LPs reside, I use Ikea Expedit, which unfortunately have been discontinued by Ikea.
Thomas Ream

Technics RS1520(not yet modified)/Nottingham Space 294 w/Koetsu Black and Simaudio LP5.3/Sony XA9000ES/ReVox A-77/Simaudio I-7/B&W 804's

Offline astrotoy

• View Profile
Re: Tape Storage
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2017, 11:37:05 AM »
Tom, Does the replacement to the Expedit, the Kallax work for you?   Larry
Larry Toy CharterMember-BHReproTechnics1506/Akai747dbx/OtariMX5050B3-ClassicalVinylFreak-15Krecs-VPIHRXRimDrv-LyraSkala-HelikonMono-HerronVTSP3A/BHPhonoPre-PacificMicrosonics Model2 - Pyramix&MykerinosCard-OppoNE-Proceed AVP2+6/CVP2-CJ MET1-Cary 2A3SE-AvantgardeDuos-3Solos-VelodyneDD18Sub

Offline TomR

• View Profile
Re: Tape Storage
« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2017, 12:37:18 PM »
Larry, I have to admit that I haven't seen those in person - I am NOT a fan of actually going to an Ikea store.  A  friend of mine (he is one of the two people I know who owns more LPs than you) just bought 40 of them.  OK, for the record (no pun intended), his name is Dave Terrell, he lives in SoCal, and owns about 50K records - he managed to snag the entire collection of the SoCal college library system. The other you know, or he says he knows you - Brian at the Analog Room- he told me owns 47K. OTOH, I don't know that either of them own all of the Deccas and EMIs......
Thomas Ream

Technics RS1520(not yet modified)/Nottingham Space 294 w/Koetsu Black and Simaudio LP5.3/Sony XA9000ES/ReVox A-77/Simaudio I-7/B&W 804's