TP-027, Jerry Garcia / David Grisman wins a Writer's Choice Award from Myles Astor of Positive Feedback Online

Author Topic: I'm waiting to comment on this release until I get my speakers back  (Read 4582 times)

Offline TomR

• View Profile
A few months ago my amp blew (Classe SA5300) and the incident damaged my Magnepan 3.7s. I sent them back to the factory for repair and also to be upgraded to the 3.7i version.  My dealer was kind enough to loan me a pair of MMGs, which, while not sounding too bad, clearly are inferior to the 3.7s, which they should be, at 10% of the cost.  I listened to Tape A of this release through the MMGs, but I realized that this isn't a fair evaluation.

First reaction is that this is a more romantic performance that we are accustomed to these days, but I'll reserve further comments until I have the 3.7is in the system.  They ship on Monday.

BTW, the Classe has blown channels twice.  The first time wasn't as bad - only the amp was damaged.  I have had extensive discussions with them, and I believe we won't see a repeat of this.  They also extended the warranty.
Thomas Ream

Technics RS1520(not yet modified)/Nottingham Space 294 w/Koetsu Black and Simaudio LP5.3/Sony XA9000ES/ReVox A-77/Simaudio I-7/B&W 804's