Check out the new Tape Project website at tapeproject.com, now with online ordering. Inventory is updated every week, so stop by often to see what we have in stock.

Author Topic: I'm waiting to comment on this release until I get my speakers back  (Read 4579 times)

Offline TomR

• View Profile
A few months ago my amp blew (Classe SA5300) and the incident damaged my Magnepan 3.7s. I sent them back to the factory for repair and also to be upgraded to the 3.7i version.  My dealer was kind enough to loan me a pair of MMGs, which, while not sounding too bad, clearly are inferior to the 3.7s, which they should be, at 10% of the cost.  I listened to Tape A of this release through the MMGs, but I realized that this isn't a fair evaluation.

First reaction is that this is a more romantic performance that we are accustomed to these days, but I'll reserve further comments until I have the 3.7is in the system.  They ship on Monday.

BTW, the Classe has blown channels twice.  The first time wasn't as bad - only the amp was damaged.  I have had extensive discussions with them, and I believe we won't see a repeat of this.  They also extended the warranty.
Thomas Ream

Technics RS1520(not yet modified)/Nottingham Space 294 w/Koetsu Black and Simaudio LP5.3/Sony XA9000ES/ReVox A-77/Simaudio I-7/B&W 804's