Check out the new Tape Project website at tapeproject.com, now with online ordering. Inventory is updated every week, so stop by often to see what we have in stock.

Author Topic: New member - with STUDER A810  (Read 6580 times)

Offline Garrym

• View Profile
New member - with STUDER A810
« on: April 04, 2017, 08:20:24 PM »
Hello everyone, just thought I would introduce myself, my name is Garry and I live in Australia, I have owned an STUDER A810 (not working) for nearly 12 months now and am hoping that I can get advice from this forum to get this unit back up and operational again! I must admit it is not as easy as some of the B77's I have owned but then again this is not really a domestic type of machine.
I have started the recapping process for the power supply and motor boards
I was hoping to get some feedback on where or if parts are still available apart from the usual suspect EBAY??
The machine has a S/N 133 so is one of the very first, if numbers are sequential?
Thank you in advance for any suggestions as I know I have a bit of a road ahead of me with this one.
Kind Regards
Garrym

Offline ironbut

• Global Moderator
  • leader in spreading disinformation
  • rs1500>repro amp#1
    • View Profile
Re: New member - with STUDER A810
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2017, 11:14:02 AM »
Hi Garrym,

If your looking to source parts and advice, I suggest you join the Yahoo Studer Group.
I think you'll find a number of 810 users there that can give you plenty of info about your particular machine.
steve koto
 Sony scd 777es(R. Kern mods)> Vpi Aires>Dynavector XX-2mkll>Bent mu>CAT ultimate>CJ premeir 140>Magnepan 1.6qr(Jensen xover)Headphone Eddie Current Zana Deux>AT ad2000,HD800 ,Metric Halo ULN-2 (battery powered),
 HE Audio Jades

Offline eugen_syd

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2017, 11:09:21 PM »
Hi Garry,

I live in Australia too and I have one of these machines. Get in touch with me and I see if I can help you.

Regards,
EUGEN

Offline eugen_syd

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 27, 2017, 03:08:40 AM »
Garry are you still alive????

EUGEN