Can you believe it? Tape Project is ten years old! Thanks to everyone who has supported us in introducing studio quality tape reproduction to the audiophile community!

Author Topic: Revox PR99 MKII End Of Tape Sensor questions  (Read 4906 times)

almandog

Revox PR99 MKII End Of Tape Sensor questions
« on: June 14, 2017, 09:14:27 AM »
Hello:

I just received the End Of Tape (EOT) sensor kit (Transmitter and Receiver) for my Revox PR99 MKII. The function buttons won't engage, no response when pressed, and I have tried everything to no avail, so the next step is to check on the EOT sensor. Questions:
1. What is the orientation of the EOT sensor diodes, Transmitter on top or bottom?
2. How can you tell the transmitter from the receiver? The kit I received is not marked.
3. Which lead (Anode or Cathode) of the diode is attached to the Violet wire in the EOT sensor location (both top and bottom diode)?
4. What causes Tape Dump (tape spilling out) when the tape dump button is not engaged?

Thanks for your help.

almandog

Re: Revox PR99 MKII End Of Tape Sensor questions
« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2017, 12:07:07 PM »
I found the the answer: The problem is with the Tape Transport Board. Voltages that should measure 5V is at 22V on the the board. Two IC went bad. I am have purchased a replacement board and will repair the current board. I will let you know how it goes.