Check out the new Tape Project website at tapeproject.com, now with online ordering. Inventory is updated every week, so stop by often to see what we have in stock.

Author Topic: NAGRA - well how about that!  (Read 6382 times)

Offline docb

• Administrator
  • leader in spreading disinformation
    • View Profile
    • Bottlehead Corp.
NAGRA - well how about that!
« on: June 21, 2018, 04:03:29 PM »
Last winter I was approached by Rene Laflamme, sales and marketing manager for Nagra in the US and Canada, about offering service for Nagra high end audio products to US and Canadian customers. After some serious consideration I am proud to announce that we have agreed to take referrals and have begun both service and also restoration work on several decks. We can also help with service on Nagra amps, preamps, etc. From what I can gather some other shops that were known for Nagra service in the past no longer take on work on the tape related gear as their experts retire or otherwise move on. At least that is what our customers have been telling me.

Nagra have been most helpful in providing us with service data and are offering access to what parts they have available for repair. I want to be clear that we're not a free consulting service, and we do not share Nagra intellectual property. Regarding parts for sale, at this time we will stick with providing parts only for repairs that come to us. If, in the future, parts become more readily available we may be able to make some available for sale with Nagra's permission.

If you are anywhere in the world besides the US and Canada please contact Nagra Switzerland for direction to a service resource.

www.nagraaudio.com

Our rate is $125 per hour plus parts. Bench fee is also $125, and includes a diagnosis and baseline measurements for tape machines. Rates are subject to change. You can email me at [email protected] for more info.
Dan "Doc B." Schmalle
President for Life, Bottlehead Corp.
Managing Director - retired, The Tape Project