Can you believe it? Tape Project is ten years old! Thanks to everyone who has supported us in introducing studio quality tape reproduction to the audiophile community!

Author Topic: Studer A810 BIN file for 25/91 version firmware  (Read 27006 times)

Offline Micha

• View Profile
Re: Studer A810 BIN file for 25/91 version firmware
« Reply #15 on: July 02, 2009, 11:31:36 AM »
Hello Forum,

i search the latest Software 25/91 for my A810. I have a defekt 2764. Pleas help.

thank You Micha

Offline Ki Choi

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 02, 2009, 07:26:18 PM »
Hi Micha:

Tell us your current software version and if possible the IC ID that is bad.

The earlier A810s (some pre 1983 model with LCD display) with older MPU board version (1.810,752.00 or older) will not work with the 25/91 version firmware.  The MPU board needs to be replaced to a newer version (1.810.780.00 or younger).

Furthermore, Studer still owns the intellectual properties on A810 software for few more years and the Audiohouse in Switzland sells the set of IC chips.  Unfortunately, Audiohouse will only sell the complete set and not single chip out of three.  Thus, I would recommend for you to replace the bad chip(s) with same the version of software you already own on your A810 for board compatibility and not to infringe on Studer's IP.

Ki
Ki Choi

Offline Micha

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 03, 2009, 02:31:23 AM »
My A810 has the software 01/88. IC 14 is defective. My MPU is 1.810.780.00. I have three 2764 with Soft 25/86 and MPU is okay.I am looking for the latest software as a file (3x8K) 25/91 for the three 2764 . I have a programmer.

Otherwise, I turn to Studer. Thank You Micha

Offline Ki Choi

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 06, 2009, 05:55:45 PM »
Hi Micha:

I sent you a private email regarding the firmware.

FYI, some of the real Studer experts think the 01/88 is preferable to the 25/91.  01/88 is the last formally released firmware and later two other versions are bug fixes that relate to communications between multiple decks and controller for recording studios which doesn't apply to our normal Tape Project repro uses.

Ki
Ki Choi

Offline Micha

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 20, 2009, 10:24:55 AM »
Hi Ki,

thank you for the files. Have just burned the eprom and it works.

Micha

Offline hafrse

• Hani George Freiwat
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 07, 2020, 03:57:36 PM »
I had also inquired about sourcing the IC10 firmware BIN file to other pros and Studer users who had multiple A810s.  No one had archived the various firmware versions so far...

It had occured to me - the machines like Studers that used commonly available electronics parts for their boards in the 70's and 80's can be serviced in the future with vintage parts from other electronics gear and other Studers.  However, for the firmware - it will be hard to replace once Studer officially stops supporting the analog machines in 2010.   So until then, the firmware IP belongs to Studer and can't be publically archived and distributed.

For my original needs, fortunately, Angle from this fourm had offered to loan me the MPU board with the version of firmware I was looking for and soon I will rebuild the library of 25/91 version firmware BIN files.

With unfortunate demise of the Studer List, I am considering archiving collection of different firmware versions for Studer A810, A807, A820 and other models.  So, if you own a Studer recorder and want to archive your firmware, please contact me.  I may already have the BIN files but if not, I can help you extract the data and save them as BIN files to be used later to burn replacement firmware Eproms.

Ki

Hi ,

Is there a possility to get a copy of the bin files for the EPROM of the Studer A810?have problems in mine.  many thanks in advance!
Hani George Freiwat

Offline hafrse

• Hani George Freiwat
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 07, 2020, 03:58:53 PM »
I had also inquired about sourcing the IC10 firmware BIN file to other pros and Studer users who had multiple A810s.  No one had archived the various firmware versions so far...

It had occured to me - the machines like Studers that used commonly available electronics parts for their boards in the 70's and 80's can be serviced in the future with vintage parts from other electronics gear and other Studers.  However, for the firmware - it will be hard to replace once Studer officially stops supporting the analog machines in 2010.   So until then, the firmware IP belongs to Studer and can't be publically archived and distributed.

For my original needs, fortunately, Angle from this fourm had offered to loan me the MPU board with the version of firmware I was looking for and soon I will rebuild the library of 25/91 version firmware BIN files.

With unfortunate demise of the Studer List, I am considering archiving collection of different firmware versions for Studer A810, A807, A820 and other models.  So, if you own a Studer recorder and want to archive your firmware, please contact me.  I may already have the BIN files but if not, I can help you extract the data and save them as BIN files to be used later to burn replacement firmware Eproms.

Ki

Hi ,

Is there a possility to get a copy of the bin files for the EPROM of the Studer A810?have problems in mine.  many thanks in advance!
Hi ,

Hani George Freiwat