Check out the new Tape Project website at tapeproject.com, now with online ordering. Inventory is updated every week, so stop by often to see what we have in stock.

Author Topic: So many tapes, so few boxes  (Read 8042 times)

Offline High and Outside

• Administrator
    • View Profile
So many tapes, so few boxes
« on: February 23, 2020, 07:16:32 PM »
This is a kind of a funny situation we find ourselves in. We have lots of tape albums duped and we'd like to sell them to you. But we are out of boxes. Our original box supplier retired and closed his business, so we have been working for months with a new supplier. We expect to be fully supplied with boxes in early April.

In the meantime we have been offering to sell albums in plain white boxes, with the nice box to follow once the shipment shows up here.

At the moment we have stock on the following albums as long as you are OK with getting your album now and the proper box in April:

Bill Evans Trio
Linda Ronstadt
Thelonious Monk
Jimmy Smith
Creedence Clearwater Revival
Lee Morgan
Nat King Cole and George Shearing
John Lee Hooker and Canned Heat
Jerry Garcia and David Grisman
Doc and Merle Watson

The elves are hard at work making the other titles too, so if  you are waiting for one that isn't on this list, make sure you have signed up for an email notification when it's back in stock. We'll be adding albums back into inventory regularly.

Once we have a proper supply of boxes we will also release a couple of new titles we have in the wings.

Paul Stubblebine
Managing Director, The TapeProject

Offline High and Outside

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: So many tapes, so few boxes
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2020, 05:04:45 PM »
And now TP-016, The Band--Stage Fright is back on the shelves.
Paul Stubblebine

Offline High and Outside

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Covid-19 update
« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2020, 12:35:52 PM »
Everyone in the state of California is now required to stay home. We are honoring this, so production and shipping are on hold.

The shipment of new boxes is on its way to us. Assuming that the ports are working when the ship arrives, and assuming the lockdown is eased so that we can receive the order and start shipping the replacement boxes to customers, we anticipate they will be going out in the middle of April.

I'll post updates as things develop. Stay safe, everyone.
Paul Stubblebine

Offline High and Outside

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Update
« Reply #3 on: April 06, 2020, 02:04:49 PM »
We have the boxes in our possession.

But we're still on lockdown. There's no way to put a firm date on it, but as soon as we are able to return to work we will be getting everyone's replacement boxes sent. Then we'll be adding more of our existing catalog into inventory, and eventually releasing new titles. You'll hear about all of it here, and we'll send an occasional email newsletter as well.
Paul Stubblebine

Offline Thomas

• Music was my first love
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 20, 2020, 11:45:13 AM »
Thank you Paul! Really looking forward but Health is first priority! Stay safe and home with great music everyone ;-)
Crazy about Hard bop Jazz, Soul, Ska, Otis, Nina, Janis, Jim & Marin Marais (Baroque)

Revox PR99 stock (not B77 HS as planned) for the moment dreaming of connecting my pair of LEAK to tape head pre amp and improving Transport as much as possible

Offline High and Outside

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 22, 2020, 06:13:11 PM »
It's still slow. But we have managed to ship out the replacement boxes to a few of you.

All of you that received albums in plain white boxes, your replacement boxes are all here, all have had the spine labels added and they look good. We are not exactly allowed to re-open, but it looks like that will come soon. All of you will get your boxes.

We appreciate your patience. Enjoy the tapes in the meantime, and stay safe and healthy.
Paul Stubblebine

Offline russe41

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 23, 2020, 10:07:10 PM »
I need boxes for 2 titles,any idea when these will ship,I'd love to be able to display in original boxes.

Offline High and Outside

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 04, 2020, 10:11:31 PM »
All remaining boxes are shipping this week.

Thanks for waiting!
Paul Stubblebine

Offline tapepath

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 08, 2020, 02:24:27 PM »
I received my box today, thanks for handling everything so efficiently! Much appreciated!