Can you believe it? Tape Project is ten years old! Thanks to everyone who has supported us in introducing studio quality tape reproduction to the audiophile community!

Author Topic: Played this for my wife last night  (Read 6465 times)

Offline TomR

• View Profile
Played this for my wife last night
« on: January 15, 2014, 02:59:33 PM »
She loved it! 

I moved in May to Burlingame, and my system is a bit different now - I still have my Technics RS1520 as the front end, but I am using Magnepan 3.7s with a Martin Logan Descent sub, and a Classe amp (preamp is an NAD).

Some mentioned that this tape sounds better at high volume - I totally agree! The dynamics really pop, and YOU CAN HEAR EVERYTHING, including some very subtle effects. My only complaints, and they aren't big- there is a lot of leader and trailer on each reel, and the included art is skimpy, although may be an exact reproduction of the original Stax LP.

I saw that this tape was in stock this week - even though this music isn't my own normal cup of tea I can highly recommend this tape.
Thomas Ream

Technics RS1520(not yet modified)/Nottingham Space 294 w/Koetsu Black and Simaudio LP5.3/Sony XA9000ES/ReVox A-77/Simaudio I-7/B&W 804's