TP-028, Nat Adderley's Work Song is now available

Author Topic: question for Doc  (Read 5766 times)

Offline cam3xl

• Lil' Dizzy
    • View Profile
question for Doc
« on: January 28, 2008, 01:43:18 PM »
Would most live recordings not be considered, due to length of program?  I was just daydreaming about "Bill Withers Live at Carnegie Hall" being given the TP treatment when I realized that it is almost two hours of music.  At 15ips it seems like that would be logistically a problem.  If you gave a short primer on the requirements for a piece to be considered, I think the suggestion box would be more usefull.....but I'm still gonna dream about I can't write left-handed, a glass of port and two candles.  It may just remain in the realm of vinyl.....(sigh)  :-)
Whatever sounds good,  Do that!

Peace,
Bhek

Pro-Ject Xpression 1, Denon DL-160 MC cart., Sony DVP-555ES SACD, Maple Tree Audio Ultra 4+ Pre, Audio Research D100 power, Onkyo Tuner, Otari 5050 IIB 2speed 2/4 track R2R.  Mirage OM-9.

Offline docb

• Administrator
  • leader in spreading disinformation
    • View Profile
    • Bottlehead Corp.
Re: question for Doc
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2008, 11:11:30 AM »
As regards length, a 10" reel of SM468 running at 15 ips is about 32 min long. So we can do albums up to about an hour in length in our standard two reel format.

As regards longer performances, we can always do a selection of favorite pieces from the original master. The most important thing is that it be an analog tape master. Anything else can be negotiated...
Dan "Doc B." Schmalle
President for Life, Bottlehead Corp.
Managing Director - retired, The Tape Project