Can you believe it? Tape Project is ten years old! Thanks to everyone who has supported us in introducing studio quality tape reproduction to the audiophile community!

Author Topic: TEAC 3440  (Read 8698 times)

Offline OCDAUDIO

• View Profile
TEAC 3440
« on: January 22, 2007, 09:40:56 PM »
JUST GOT A PERFECT 3440 WHAT DO I NEED TO DO TO GET IT READY TO PLAY TAPE PROJECT TAPES

Offline docb

• Administrator
  • leader in spreading disinformation
    • View Profile
    • Bottlehead Corp.
Re: TEAC 3440
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2007, 10:15:10 PM »
1) Please turn of the caps lock. That's called shouting in internet etiquette.

2) Please read the rules for posting. We ask everyone to identify themselves and to post any industry affiliation.

3)The 3440 is a 4-track machine that is well regarded. I guess you could play 2 track Tape Project tapes by using the two outside playback tracks, but Tape Project are really intended to be played on a 2 track machine. I do not see any information on the web about playback EQ, so I will guess that it's NAB playback EQ on the 3440. In that case you would need to modify the machine to IEC playback EQ or modify the machine by tapping directly off the heads so you could use an IEC capable outboard repro amp. You might even be able to modify the machine without too much hassle by installing a two track head. I'm just guessing on this, I don't have any firsthand experience with a 3440.
Dan "Doc B." Schmalle
President for Life, Bottlehead Corp.
Managing Director - retired, The Tape Project