TP-028, Nat Adderley's Work Song is now available

Author Topic: RS1500 and Seduction on their way!  (Read 7732 times)

Offline JoeG

• View Profile
RS1500 and Seduction on their way!
« on: March 24, 2008, 07:01:36 PM »
Just got an email from Eileen. The Seduction was shipped today, and Doc is putting the finishing touches on the RS1500 which will be shipped tomorrow! When I told my wife, she looked at our daughter and said: "take a good look at your father now before he barricades himself in the listening room".

WooHooo!!
Joe Galbraith
Charter sub #61
J-corder/Bottlehead Technics 1500>King/Cello pre, Bottlehead Seduction, Walker Audio Proscenium Gold Signature TT>Bluelectric Magic Diamond or Allnic Puritas>Allnic H3000 phono/L3000 line>KR Enterprises Antares>Kharma CE 2.2
Silent Source cable, Walker Audio Velocitors

Offline JoeG

• View Profile
Re: RS1500 and Seduction on their way!
« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2008, 11:21:59 AM »
Both the Seduction and the RS1500 are nestled in their rack. Now if I only had software to play them on. guess I should have signed on as a charter subscriber BEFORE buying the deck ;)

Kudos to both Jeff at J-corder and Doc. The 1500 from Jeff was lovingly restored, then modded by Doc for the Tape Project. Casework on both the pre and the deck match, so they look great in the rack together, next to the power supply for my preamp and the Walker turntable.

Thanks Doc, Eileen and Jeff!
Joe Galbraith
Charter sub #61
J-corder/Bottlehead Technics 1500>King/Cello pre, Bottlehead Seduction, Walker Audio Proscenium Gold Signature TT>Bluelectric Magic Diamond or Allnic Puritas>Allnic H3000 phono/L3000 line>KR Enterprises Antares>Kharma CE 2.2

Offline classicrecordings

• View Profile
    • Classic Recordings
« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2008, 12:48:11 PM »
Congratulations!

I would love to see a pciture of the two.

David
David Stangret
HK Citation 1 Pre-amp, Thorens TD-124, Ortofon 309S arm, SPU cartridges, mono block tube amps, Ars Acoustica LaDiva speakers, and I'm still trying to decide what machine to go with.
http://www.classicrecordings.ca

Offline JoeG

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 01, 2008, 04:36:06 PM »
David-

I'd tried to upload a couple of images here but file size is limited. You can see some pics here though:

http://forum.audiogon.com/cgi-bin/fr.pl?vaslt&1069279142&view

Joe
Joe Galbraith
Charter sub #61

Offline ironbut

• Global Moderator
  • leader in spreading disinformation
  • rs1500>repro amp#1
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 01, 2008, 07:14:36 PM »
Nice system Joe! Looks like Emotive Audio gear. I almost went for a Sira a while back but just couldn't get a listen to it. You and Ceved should get together. He's got tapes but can't play'em.
steve koto
 Sony scd 777es(R. Kern mods)> Vpi Aires>Dynavector XX-2mkll>Bent mu>CAT ultimate>CJ premeir 140>Magnepan 1.6qr(Jensen xover)Headphone Eddie Current Zana Deux>AT ad2000,HD800 ,Metric Halo ULN-2 (battery powered),
 HE Audio Jades

ceved

« Reply #5 on: April 01, 2008, 07:41:45 PM »
So Steve, you did read my missive on the vagaries of my modern audio delivery life after all.
Aren't you glad I don't have assault weapons at home?  My neighbors are!
I also thought that one of the Rank & File album covers would look marvy on your bathroom wall preferably over the tt holder.  When you see it you will know which one.
Perhaps I should start 'NexTapes'.
In the meantime I may just covert my Otari 5050 to a LAST applicator ma-china.
LAST man standing so to speak.