Tape Machines > Reel to Reel Tape Machines

How you can convert your Revox B77 or PR99 into a Tape Project machine.

(1/5) > >>

Tubes n tapes:
For those who are interested, I've published an article on the web site of the Los Angeles & Orange County Audio Society (LAOCAS) about how you can convert a standard Revox B77 or PR99 to a really nice performing Tape Project machine.

You can find the article under the following link: http://laocaudiosociety.net/tech.html

The mods can be carried out by anyone who has some soldering skills.

docb:
Wow, Arian, beautifully documented. I have a hunch I will be finding the PR99 at the studio sitting on the back porch of the lab as soon as Paul reads this...

classicrecordings:
Excellent article! It must be very well written; because even I can understand it ;-))

You wrote: "A very similar modification can also be done on the ReVox A77 mkIV, but not on the earlier revisions. Details for that modification will not be discussed here."

I have a High Speed version of a ReVox A77 mkIV, which I have been considering selling. Could you possibly post information for updating that unit in a similar way?

David

Danny Kaey:
I have heard Arian's Studer's and ReVox's and have to say I am most impressed... the rest of his self-designed and built system is truly first rate as well... Arian knows his stuff!!!

now all I need is a clean 810 to add to my collection........ ha!

cheers,

Danny

Tubes n tapes:
David,

I'm glad you liked the article. I'll look into the details for modifying the A77 mkIV. That may take a couple of weeks. First I'll have to dig up my A77HS which should be sitting at the bottom of a pile of some other old equipment.

Are there any other people interested in modifying an A77 mkIV?

--- Quote from: classicrecordings on March 25, 2008, 11:28:19 AM ---Excellent article! It must be very well written; because even I can understand it ;-))

You wrote: "A very similar modification can also be done on the ReVox A77 mkIV, but not on the earlier revisions. Details for that modification will not be discussed here."

I have a High Speed version of a ReVox A77 mkIV, which I have been considering selling. Could you possibly post information for updating that unit in a similar way?

David

--- End quote ---

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version