Check out the new Tape Project website at tapeproject.com, now with online ordering. Inventory is updated every week, so stop by often to see what we have in stock.

Author Topic: Cost of Owning Studer - Tape Lifters  (Read 7352 times)

Offline TonyB

• View Profile
Cost of Owning Studer - Tape Lifters
« on: April 17, 2008, 10:55:42 AM »
I gout Studer A807 MK II two weeks ago. I am replacing tape lifter bushings since mine are worn out with irregular flat spots.  The part is CHF4.00 (about $4). I need 2 pieces so I thought to get 4 to have some spares. All was fine till I got the cost: CHF25 small lot surcharge pus CHF46 for packaging and expenses. In addition, payment by bank transfer only. That means an appointment in the bank, a hour of time and $30. So $16 worth of parts costs $117. I am starting to understand the cost of owning Studer and why the previous owner never serviced it.

TonyB

Offline Studer Fool

• View Profile
Re: Cost of Owning Studer - Tape Lifters
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2008, 12:35:14 PM »
Tony,
If I may be so bold, may I ask for reference sake only, with whom are you dealing with?  Sounds a little like Audiohouse perhaps?  Or Fred?
Christopher D. Wait
Charter Subscriber SN# 026
Studer A80-VU & Studer A80-RC (and Doc's lovingly modified Ampex 934 with Seduction Tape Head Preamp Combo!)

Offline Ki Choi

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2008, 08:32:24 PM »
Hi TonyB:

Maybe we can go together and make one order for your Tape Lifters and my headcover...

Let me know if you would be interested.

Ki
Ki Choi

Offline TonyB

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 29, 2008, 06:48:01 AM »
Hi Ki,

I have finally ordered the lifter bushings through Studer Canada yesterday. Since Studer Canada orders parts all the time, things like CHF 25 surcharge for a small order do not apply. Also, my order may be attached to some other order so I may save something on shipping. Call Studer Canada and talk to Diane. If you are fast, they may order your covers at the same time.

I have another reel to reel in works...

Regards,

Tony

Offline Ki Choi

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 02, 2008, 07:55:07 PM »
Hi Tony:

Thanks for the info.

I will contact Canada on Monay.

Ki
Ki Choi