TP-028, Nat Adderley's Work Song is now available

Author Topic: Cost of Owning Studer - Tape Lifters  (Read 6637 times)

Offline TonyB

• View Profile
Cost of Owning Studer - Tape Lifters
« on: April 17, 2008, 10:55:42 AM »
I gout Studer A807 MK II two weeks ago. I am replacing tape lifter bushings since mine are worn out with irregular flat spots.  The part is CHF4.00 (about $4). I need 2 pieces so I thought to get 4 to have some spares. All was fine till I got the cost: CHF25 small lot surcharge pus CHF46 for packaging and expenses. In addition, payment by bank transfer only. That means an appointment in the bank, a hour of time and $30. So $16 worth of parts costs $117. I am starting to understand the cost of owning Studer and why the previous owner never serviced it.

TonyB

Offline Studer Fool

• View Profile
Re: Cost of Owning Studer - Tape Lifters
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2008, 12:35:14 PM »
Tony,
If I may be so bold, may I ask for reference sake only, with whom are you dealing with?  Sounds a little like Audiohouse perhaps?  Or Fred?
Christopher D. Wait
Charter Subscriber SN# 026
Studer A80-VU & Studer A80-RC (and Doc's lovingly modified Ampex 934 with Seduction Tape Head Preamp Combo!)

Offline Ki Choi

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2008, 08:32:24 PM »
Hi TonyB:

Maybe we can go together and make one order for your Tape Lifters and my headcover...

Let me know if you would be interested.

Ki
Ki Choi

Offline TonyB

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 29, 2008, 06:48:01 AM »
Hi Ki,

I have finally ordered the lifter bushings through Studer Canada yesterday. Since Studer Canada orders parts all the time, things like CHF 25 surcharge for a small order do not apply. Also, my order may be attached to some other order so I may save something on shipping. Call Studer Canada and talk to Diane. If you are fast, they may order your covers at the same time.

I have another reel to reel in works...

Regards,

Tony

Offline Ki Choi

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 02, 2008, 07:55:07 PM »
Hi Tony:

Thanks for the info.

I will contact Canada on Monay.

Ki
Ki Choi