TP-028, Nat Adderley's Work Song is now available

Author Topic: Another Tape Project reference - Oswalds Mill '08  (Read 7504 times)

Offline jgbeam

• View Profile
Re: Another Tape Project reference - Oswalds Mill '08
« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2008, 12:57:42 PM »
As someone in the historic preservation business I can really appreciate that old mill building.  What a setting!  When my machine gets back from doc, it's place is waiting in the Collins ax factory overlooking the forebay.

Jim Grant
Jim Grant, CT:  BH Technics RS1500 (en route), BH-built Tape Seduction, Rega Planar 3 + Sumiko Blackbird + Bellari VP129, Magnum Dynalab FT 11, Nakamichi CR-1A, Oppo DV-970HD, Alesis Masterlink CD recorder, Jolida SJ 202A, Paradigm 11SE MkII.  Cables - yes.

Offline JoeG

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2008, 02:56:51 PM »
Thanks for the link. I don't know how I missed that one. Michael Lavorgna is always fun to read and talk to. he has been at my place for a listening session (a couple of system iterations ago). I need to have him back to listen to some TTP tapes.
Joe Galbraith
Charter sub #61
J-corder/Bottlehead Technics 1500>King/Cello pre, Bottlehead Seduction, Walker Audio Proscenium Gold Signature TT>Bluelectric Magic Diamond or Allnic Puritas>Allnic H3000 phono/L3000 line>KR Enterprises Antares>Kharma CE 2.2
Silent Source cable, Walker Audio Velocitors

Offline ironbut

• Global Moderator
  • leader in spreading disinformation
  • rs1500>repro amp#1
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 04, 2008, 03:10:31 PM »
Great article Charles! And just like all good writing, it's tone seems to linger and offers fertile ground for original thought. Those photographs seem like something out of the past. They remind me of how much I miss standing in rooms that are older than a hundred years. I just hope that it helps bring to light other similar efforts from around the world.
steve koto
 Sony scd 777es(R. Kern mods)> Vpi Aires>Dynavector XX-2mkll>Bent mu>CAT ultimate>CJ premeir 140>Magnepan 1.6qr(Jensen xover)Headphone Eddie Current Zana Deux>AT ad2000,HD800 ,Metric Halo ULN-2 (battery powered),
 HE Audio Jades

Offline dwilawyer

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 04, 2008, 05:11:53 PM »
That place is a horn lover's dream, and I really liked this part:

We were also treated to a few loops from one of Charlie King's refurbished Stellavox open reel decks. I've also had the pleasure of hearing one of Charlie's Stellavox decks at Robin Wyatt's and it is truly an amazing musical source. Combined with the few decks I heard at CES and the wonderful one-off material that's floating around which I learned about during a conversation with Walter Clay, the call of the tape is getting harder to resist. Two side notes: I wish I had half the energy Charlie King has; and if we could bottle Robin Wyatt's audio enthusiasm and filter it into the air at audio dealers, the entire industry would turn around by lunchtime.