Check out the new Tape Project website at tapeproject.com, now with online ordering. Inventory is updated every week, so stop by often to see what we have in stock.

Author Topic: UPS says two on the way!  (Read 13423 times)

Offline JoeG

• View Profile
UPS says two on the way!
« on: May 09, 2008, 02:43:46 PM »
Just got two, count-em, two UPS shipping notifications that 6 lb packages from the Tape Project are headed my way!! Let the fun begin.....
Joe Galbraith
Charter sub #61
J-corder/Bottlehead Technics 1500>King/Cello pre, Bottlehead Seduction, Walker Audio Proscenium Gold Signature TT>Bluelectric Magic Diamond or Allnic Puritas>Allnic H3000 phono/L3000 line>KR Enterprises Antares>Kharma CE 2.2
Silent Source cable, Walker Audio Velocitors

Offline astrotoy

• View Profile
Re: UPS says two on the way!
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2008, 09:52:32 AM »
Sounds like you are getting both 005 and 006. Have fun.  Larry
Larry Toy CharterMember-BHReproTechnics1506/Akai747dbx/OtariMX5050B3-ClassicalVinylFreak-15Krecs-VPIHRXRimDrv-LyraSkala-HelikonMono-HerronVTSP3A/BHPhonoPre-PacificMicrosonics Model2 - Pyramix&MykerinosCard-OppoNE-Proceed AVP2+6/CVP2-CJ MET1-Cary 2A3SE-AvantgardeDuos-3Solos-VelodyneDD18Sub

Offline jcmusic

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2008, 05:11:27 PM »
WOW!!! Dude you go getem, I am biteing at the bit waiting to hear that even just one is on its way.

Jay
Redpoint Model D TT/Soundsmith Sotto Voce Cartridge Otari MX 5050 BII/BH Tube Repro deHavilland Model 222
 Ah Njoe Tjoeb 4000, Rogue Magnum 99, Korneff 45 SET Amp, Klipsch K-Horns Bass Bins/2" Tractrix Horns 2" BMS Drivers, Vintage Tubes.

Offline JoeG

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 19, 2008, 05:56:34 PM »
Tapes 1 & 2 arrived today. Dave Alvin is spinnin' at 15ips as I type this. Romo says 3-6 won't be far behind. I got serial #61. A big thanks to Doc, Romo, and Paul for a job well done!!

I have to say that I am mighty impressed. I thought nothing could give my Walker TT/Micromagic Magic Diamond a run for it's money when it comes to analog playback. The "Doc"tored RS1500 and Seduction playing these tapes is something VERY special.

It took me a couple of minutes to get my head around the "tails out" concept of the reels (I am such and R2R newbee). Looking forward to having a few folks from my audio group over for some tape and Bordeaux.
Joe Galbraith
Charter sub #61
J-corder/Bottlehead Technics 1500>King/Cello pre, Bottlehead Seduction, Walker Audio Proscenium Gold Signature TT>Bluelectric Magic Diamond or Allnic Puritas>Allnic H3000 phono/L3000 line>KR Enterprises Antares>Kharma CE 2.2
Silent Source cable, Walker Audio Velocitors

Offline Ben

• Bring on the music
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 20, 2009, 10:54:25 PM »
Yes I want reply to the topic after 120 days
Well I got to play Side A of The Number White and discovered
my Otari still needs a bit more adjustments and tweeking.
None the less - with the lights out, and the breaker for the fridge
turned off (Small apartment here) I can't believe the sound stage and
how real the music lives in my living room. If she sounds so great with
my modest setup, I can just imagine how a optimized play back sounds.
Thank you all for a great recording, and will get back to side B when
the proper shims come in. I may need some better hubs too, but that
is for a later day.
Now I know how much of the soul, music has lost
going to so called convenience
Set 45,Open baffle speakers,Otari 5050,,Pioneer DV-79AVi DVD/CD/SCAD player

Offline ironbut

• Global Moderator
  • leader in spreading disinformation
  • rs1500>repro amp#1
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 20, 2009, 11:16:47 PM »
Yeah!!! Ben got his tape and religion at the same time! Welcome to the fold Brother Benjamin.
That's still one of my favorites. One of these days, I just might buy a back up copy!
steve koto
 Sony scd 777es(R. Kern mods)> Vpi Aires>Dynavector XX-2mkll>Bent mu>CAT ultimate>CJ premeir 140>Magnepan 1.6qr(Jensen xover)Headphone Eddie Current Zana Deux>AT ad2000,HD800 ,Metric Halo ULN-2 (battery powered),
 HE Audio Jades

Offline Ben

• Bring on the music
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 20, 2009, 11:43:26 PM »
I still have more tapes to arrive , so I can't say what will be my favorite yet.  I have a feeling it may be Saxophone Colossus just from titles alone. 
None the less, I better get my dark glasses and black cane, now that I am
a official member of the brotherhood. :)
Set 45,Open baffle speakers,Otari 5050,,Pioneer DV-79AVi DVD/CD/SCAD player