TP-027, Jerry Garcia / David Grisman wins a Writer's Choice Award from Myles Astor of Positive Feedback Online

Author Topic: UPS says two on the way!  (Read 13362 times)

Offline JoeG

• View Profile
UPS says two on the way!
« on: May 09, 2008, 02:43:46 PM »
Just got two, count-em, two UPS shipping notifications that 6 lb packages from the Tape Project are headed my way!! Let the fun begin.....
Joe Galbraith
Charter sub #61
J-corder/Bottlehead Technics 1500>King/Cello pre, Bottlehead Seduction, Walker Audio Proscenium Gold Signature TT>Bluelectric Magic Diamond or Allnic Puritas>Allnic H3000 phono/L3000 line>KR Enterprises Antares>Kharma CE 2.2
Silent Source cable, Walker Audio Velocitors

Offline astrotoy

• View Profile
Re: UPS says two on the way!
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2008, 09:52:32 AM »
Sounds like you are getting both 005 and 006. Have fun.  Larry
Larry Toy CharterMember-BHReproTechnics1506/Akai747dbx/OtariMX5050B3-ClassicalVinylFreak-15Krecs-VPIHRXRimDrv-LyraSkala-HelikonMono-HerronVTSP3A/BHPhonoPre-PacificMicrosonics Model2 - Pyramix&MykerinosCard-OppoNE-Proceed AVP2+6/CVP2-CJ MET1-Cary 2A3SE-AvantgardeDuos-3Solos-VelodyneDD18Sub

Offline jcmusic

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2008, 05:11:27 PM »
WOW!!! Dude you go getem, I am biteing at the bit waiting to hear that even just one is on its way.

Jay
Redpoint Model D TT/Soundsmith Sotto Voce Cartridge Otari MX 5050 BII/BH Tube Repro deHavilland Model 222
 Ah Njoe Tjoeb 4000, Rogue Magnum 99, Korneff 45 SET Amp, Klipsch K-Horns Bass Bins/2" Tractrix Horns 2" BMS Drivers, Vintage Tubes.

Offline JoeG

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 19, 2008, 05:56:34 PM »
Tapes 1 & 2 arrived today. Dave Alvin is spinnin' at 15ips as I type this. Romo says 3-6 won't be far behind. I got serial #61. A big thanks to Doc, Romo, and Paul for a job well done!!

I have to say that I am mighty impressed. I thought nothing could give my Walker TT/Micromagic Magic Diamond a run for it's money when it comes to analog playback. The "Doc"tored RS1500 and Seduction playing these tapes is something VERY special.

It took me a couple of minutes to get my head around the "tails out" concept of the reels (I am such and R2R newbee). Looking forward to having a few folks from my audio group over for some tape and Bordeaux.
Joe Galbraith
Charter sub #61
J-corder/Bottlehead Technics 1500>King/Cello pre, Bottlehead Seduction, Walker Audio Proscenium Gold Signature TT>Bluelectric Magic Diamond or Allnic Puritas>Allnic H3000 phono/L3000 line>KR Enterprises Antares>Kharma CE 2.2
Silent Source cable, Walker Audio Velocitors

Offline Ben

• Bring on the music
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 20, 2009, 10:54:25 PM »
Yes I want reply to the topic after 120 days
Well I got to play Side A of The Number White and discovered
my Otari still needs a bit more adjustments and tweeking.
None the less - with the lights out, and the breaker for the fridge
turned off (Small apartment here) I can't believe the sound stage and
how real the music lives in my living room. If she sounds so great with
my modest setup, I can just imagine how a optimized play back sounds.
Thank you all for a great recording, and will get back to side B when
the proper shims come in. I may need some better hubs too, but that
is for a later day.
Now I know how much of the soul, music has lost
going to so called convenience
Set 45,Open baffle speakers,Otari 5050,,Pioneer DV-79AVi DVD/CD/SCAD player

Offline ironbut

• Global Moderator
  • leader in spreading disinformation
  • rs1500>repro amp#1
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 20, 2009, 11:16:47 PM »
Yeah!!! Ben got his tape and religion at the same time! Welcome to the fold Brother Benjamin.
That's still one of my favorites. One of these days, I just might buy a back up copy!
steve koto
 Sony scd 777es(R. Kern mods)> Vpi Aires>Dynavector XX-2mkll>Bent mu>CAT ultimate>CJ premeir 140>Magnepan 1.6qr(Jensen xover)Headphone Eddie Current Zana Deux>AT ad2000,HD800 ,Metric Halo ULN-2 (battery powered),
 HE Audio Jades

Offline Ben

• Bring on the music
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 20, 2009, 11:43:26 PM »
I still have more tapes to arrive , so I can't say what will be my favorite yet.  I have a feeling it may be Saxophone Colossus just from titles alone. 
None the less, I better get my dark glasses and black cane, now that I am
a official member of the brotherhood. :)
Set 45,Open baffle speakers,Otari 5050,,Pioneer DV-79AVi DVD/CD/SCAD player