TP-028, Nat Adderley's Work Song is now available

Author Topic: Rack ears...  (Read 10712 times)

Offline heideana

• View Profile
Rack ears...
« on: January 26, 2007, 03:54:05 PM »
Does anyone know of a source for various rtr rack ears?

I don't know if this is the correct sub-forum to ask...thanks, Hopkins
Studer A810 and Otari MTR-15...Klipsch CWIII's, KG2's & RF7's

Truth is a kind of error, so vaporize it to find your way to heaven, or at least to a smile...

Offline AZ_Gary

• View Profile
Re: Rack ears...
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2007, 05:51:46 PM »
What deck? I think I have a pair for Otari MX-5050BII.

Gary

Gary Marklund
Sun City, AZ - USA

Offline heideana

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2007, 06:45:40 PM »
Thanks Gary...I'm looking for a pair of ears for a  Teac 40-4 and pair of ears for a Technics 1500 and/or a 1520... 

Truth is a kind of error, so vaporize it to find your way to heaven, or at least to a smile...

Offline docb

• Administrator
  • leader in spreading disinformation
    • View Profile
    • Bottlehead Corp.
« Reply #3 on: January 30, 2007, 04:44:50 PM »
I have a couple pairs of RS1500 rack ears. One pair had extra holes drilled and came pretty cheap, the other pair is in original condition and I paid pretty dearly for them. They aren't for sale, but if there is enough interest I could send the nice pair to my man Mike Paschetto to look into having them copied. They aren't particularly unique other than the fact that they have holes in the right places and the color matches the RS1500. They do have a Technics logo - which is almost impossible to see when they are attached to a machine.
Dan "Doc B." Schmalle
President for Life, Bottlehead Corp.
Managing Director - retired, The Tape Project

Offline heideana

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 30, 2007, 10:05:42 PM »
Thanks Doc.  I'd like to get a pair, depending on the cost if you're machinist friend has to fabricate them from scratch.

Offline ironbut

• Global Moderator
  • rs1500>repro amp#1
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 31, 2007, 12:11:39 AM »
Hey Doc,.. Nice write-up from Danny! ( it could use a little copy-proofing though ) I'd think you could get those rack ears fab'ed and powder coated for really cheap. I'd be interested if it comes in pretty cheap. Also, in all you rs1500 hunting, have you ever found the adapter for using the deck from a car battery? The only place I've ever seen mention of one is this german site where they have all kinds of rs1500 stuff for crazy, absolutely insane prices ( I think a new headblock was over $700 Yikes!). I'll try and find that one again, just for laughs.
steve koto
 Sony scd 777es(R. Kern mods)> Vpi Aires>Dynavector XX-2mkll>Bent mu>CAT ultimate>CJ premeir 140>Magnepan 1.6qr(Jensen xover)Headphone Eddie Current Zana Deux>AT ad2000,HD800 ,Metric Halo ULN-2 (battery powered),
 HE Audio Jades

Offline docb

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Bottlehead Corp.
« Reply #6 on: January 31, 2007, 09:41:59 AM »
Nice write-up from Danny! ( it could use a little copy-proofing though )

Yeah, it was very nice. If you're reading this Danny, thanks! I did edit the quotation a wee bit with the hope of better matching Danny's intented meaning. Re the edits - that's always been a funny thing about PF. I've been told the magazine articles are seldom if ever edited before publishing.

Thanks for your input on the RS 1500 rack ears. The more folks who chime in here about getting a pair of rack ears, the sooner we could move ahead.

I have not seen the battery adapter.
Dan "Doc B." Schmalle
President for Life, Bottlehead Corp.
Managing Director - retired, The Tape Project

Offline heideana

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 31, 2007, 12:57:36 PM »
Kewl!!!  Given that I'm disabled from back stuff, I pretty much need to have my decks in racks or carts to move around, etc...  To date my pride/joy is the Revox cart I have for a PR99....