Can you believe it? Tape Project is ten years old! Thanks to everyone who has supported us in introducing studio quality tape reproduction to the audiophile community!

Author Topic: Strosberg Paper  (Read 6277 times)

Offline ironbut

• Global Moderator
  • leader in spreading disinformation
  • rs1500>repro amp#1
    • View Profile
Strosberg Paper
« on: June 02, 2008, 08:59:28 PM »
If any of you guys subscribed to the Studer list and haven't got access to the Strosberg Paper and you're trying to follow the very technical, but fantastic thread regarding the motor control circuits of the A80 that has been going for about a week, I uploaded it to Mediafire so you can download it. I hope you've kept all the posts!
http://www.mediafire.com/?xbywmxnjstz
steve koto
 Sony scd 777es(R. Kern mods)> Vpi Aires>Dynavector XX-2mkll>Bent mu>CAT ultimate>CJ premeir 140>Magnepan 1.6qr(Jensen xover)Headphone Eddie Current Zana Deux>AT ad2000,HD800 ,Metric Halo ULN-2 (battery powered),
 HE Audio Jades

Offline TonyB

• View Profile
Re: Strosberg Paper
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2008, 06:53:28 AM »
Thanks, Steve!

Regards,

TonyB

Offline Studer Fool

• View Profile
Re: Strosberg Paper
« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2008, 08:12:17 AM »
THANKS Steve!!!!!!  You the best!

P.S. - Yes, I am certainly following that thread along, and saving the posts, having just put a new capstan motor in my A80-VU.  The sonic revelation from that is something I'm still getting my ears around.  Amazing really. 

I find the style used in the thread difficult and I would not recommend it for anyone but the most technically dedicated.  Takes me back to EE school and the cat & mouse demeaning style sadly used by weaker professors to cover-up their own shortcomings with regard to teaching skills.  However, the information really is excellent and very valuable especially for Studer users, and comes from a Studer master (perhaps even "the" Studer Master here in the US?).

cdw
Christopher D. Wait
Charter Subscriber SN# 026
Studer A80-VU & Studer A80-RC (and Doc's lovingly modified Ampex 934 with Seduction Tape Head Preamp Combo!)