TP-027, Jerry Garcia / David Grisman wins a Writer's Choice Award from Myles Astor of Positive Feedback Online

Author Topic: lots of machines shipping  (Read 6313 times)

Offline docb

• Administrator
  • leader in spreading disinformation
    • View Profile
    • Bottlehead Corp.
lots of machines shipping
« on: June 09, 2008, 05:29:50 PM »
We have been cranking full tilt on getting machines out since we have returned from VSAC. We shipped two machines last week, we are shipping two today, and we hope to have another four out by week's end, which will pretty well catch us up on the backlog. Repros are in process and we hope to be shipping the next batch of those in a couple of weeks.

As we work on these machines we continue to find performance tweaks. I recently discovered that the take up reel packs better with only a single edge guide on the inboard side of the guide above the pinch roller, so some of you will see a slightly different configuration on your machine than we show in the photos. Also we have discovered that some machines have different diameter shafts for those guides, and on those we must install fixed Rulon bushings rather than the dual ball bearings. We will adjust the price of the mod for anyone who has this type of machine as the Rulon bushings are somewhat less expensive than ball bearings.

Jeff Jacobs will be coming by Wednesday and he will be bringing some new reel spacers we had made, that are the same thickness as the originals. Seems like most machines we get through here are missing them, and they do make a difference on how the tape centers as it packs on the reels.
Dan "Doc B." Schmalle
President for Life, Bottlehead Corp.
Managing Director - retired, The Tape Project

Offline headlap

• View Profile
Re: lots of machines shipping
« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2008, 08:32:12 PM »
Hello docb,

Any chance you will be selling reel spacers for RS-1500s separately? I still have my originals and they are in good shape, but I'm always worried something is
going to happen to them.
Turntable:Denon DP-47F Cartridge:Shure M97xE Receiver:Technics SA-EX140 R2R:Technics RS-1500us CD Player:Technics SL-PD 887 Speakers:Bose 201 Series IV

Offline docb

• Administrator
  • leader in spreading disinformation
    • View Profile
    • Bottlehead Corp.
Re: lots of machines shipping
« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2008, 09:38:46 PM »
If they work out, yes, we will sell them.
Dan "Doc B." Schmalle
President for Life, Bottlehead Corp.
Managing Director - retired, The Tape Project