Can you believe it? Tape Project is ten years old! Thanks to everyone who has supported us in introducing studio quality tape reproduction to the audiophile community!

Author Topic: Hi-Fi Espanola Tape Value  (Read 6098 times)

Offline dwilawyer

• View Profile
Hi-Fi Espanola Tape Value
« on: July 26, 2008, 01:22:07 PM »
I[m bidding on a RTR tape on ebay http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT&item=260265626156, Hi-Fi Espanola.  I know what the LP is worth, but what do you think the RTR version is worth, will go for?

Thanks,

Travis

Offline ironbut

• Global Moderator
  • leader in spreading disinformation
  • rs1500>repro amp#1
    • View Profile
Re: Hi-Fi Espanola Tape Value
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2008, 02:13:24 PM »
Considering that it's a 1/4 track, if I really wanted it, I don't think I'd bid more than $50 for it. I've bid on this title a few times but never won the auction since I'm trying to get as many Mercury's in 1/2 track as I can. Even the 1/2 track Mercuries are all over the place as far as sound quality though. Some can be right up there with the best (selected from various labels) sound these old tapes deliver while others are more on the level of the better 1/4 track Londons and BC's. Personally, I don't think most are worth much more than $35 (which is what I would bid) but you may get some collectors in the bidding and they could drive the price way into the stratosphere ($200+). This isn't a super rare item on the 'Bay so keep that in mind. Also, I'm a penny pinchin' SOB so keep that in mind too!
steve koto
 Sony scd 777es(R. Kern mods)> Vpi Aires>Dynavector XX-2mkll>Bent mu>CAT ultimate>CJ premeir 140>Magnepan 1.6qr(Jensen xover)Headphone Eddie Current Zana Deux>AT ad2000,HD800 ,Metric Halo ULN-2 (battery powered),
 HE Audio Jades