TP-028, Nat Adderley's Work Song is now available

Author Topic: Got my Tape Project t-shirts today!  (Read 10322 times)

Offline ironbut

• Global Moderator
  • leader in spreading disinformation
  • rs1500>repro amp#1
    • View Profile
Got my Tape Project t-shirts today!
« on: March 17, 2007, 05:13:10 PM »
I ordered a plain white and black t-shirt a 8 days ago I think. When I got home from lunch and some errands , I found my t-shirts, the April Stereophile, and the PG&E bill. Well, I tried on the first, glanced at the second, put the last in a box full of rabbits feet.
Regarding the printing of the logo, the white one looks a bit washed out. Maybe it is prewashed after silkscreening. It's a nice comfy Hanes label-less shirt so it should wear very well. I was a little worried that it might be too small from the info on cafepress's site but it's just the same as any other lg t-shirt in my drawer.
The good news is that the logo on the black one is worlds better. Much more contrast in the colors and more vibrant colors ( yes, the field is a darker red and there are black accents where the other is the same red). The copy "the tape project" is also white on the black t-shirt and really stands out.
One thing to keep in mind with these two screenings is that the black-t's is that heavier thicker rubbery kind of ink ( you know, it kind of sits on the fabric rather than in it) which some folks don't like. It's not as thick as I've seen but I wouldn't wear it inside out ( even if you Do see that other tape project guy you Don't want to talk to!).
So, you have your choice. The super comfy white one when your just kicking back reading the new Stereophile or pulling the tranny out of a Buick Roadmaster. Or the black one that's sure to impress that special someone or putting the Hex on the power bill.
steve koto
 Sony scd 777es(R. Kern mods)> Vpi Aires>Dynavector XX-2mkll>Bent mu>CAT ultimate>CJ premeir 140>Magnepan 1.6qr(Jensen xover)Headphone Eddie Current Zana Deux>AT ad2000,HD800 ,Metric Halo ULN-2 (battery powered),
 HE Audio Jades

Offline gregroe

• View Profile
Re: Got my Tape Project t-shirts today!
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2007, 03:12:38 PM »
Where's the link to buy one?

Offline ironbut

• Global Moderator
  • rs1500>repro amp#1
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2007, 06:21:08 PM »
You have to subscribe to the news letter. The link is on the catalog page.
steve koto
 Sony scd 777es(R. Kern mods)> Vpi Aires>Dynavector XX-2mkll>Bent mu>CAT ultimate>CJ premeir 140>Magnepan 1.6qr(Jensen xover)Headphone Eddie Current Zana Deux>AT ad2000,HD800 ,Metric Halo ULN-2 (battery powered),
 HE Audio Jades

Offline docb

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Bottlehead Corp.
Dan "Doc B." Schmalle
President for Life, Bottlehead Corp.
Managing Director - retired, The Tape Project

Offline High and Outside

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 17, 2007, 09:29:13 PM »
I ordered a T-shirt, a polo, and a messenger bag.

The t-shirt is the organic cotton one. It's a little brownish. I like it, my wife thinks it looks funky. Maybe that's why I like it. The logo looks fine on it.

The polo is a little thin. I'm accustomed to a little more heft in the fabric. But it'll be OK. The logo print quality is fine, nothin' special, but it seems a little too large.

The messenger bag was a pleasant surprise. Pretty good quality, extra zipper pocket, big enough for six rolls of tape easy. Maybe eight. The yellow color is really bright. The logo printed on the yellow fabric came out bright red/orange. You won't be hard to spot when you're sporting this baby.
Paul Stubblebine
Managing Director, The TapeProject