TP-028, Nat Adderley's Work Song is now available

Author Topic: Latest shipping News  (Read 49790 times)

Offline ironbut

• Global Moderator
  • leader in spreading disinformation
  • rs1500>repro amp#1
    • View Profile
Re: Latest shipping News
« Reply #15 on: August 11, 2008, 08:36:53 PM »
Tom, sometimes it takes a few days for him to get to his emails, find where you are in the queue, and then get back to folks. He's a real good guy, but busy with multiple hats to wear(seems like all these guys are,.. don't they know there's a recession going on!).
Did you ever find that manual?
steve koto
 Sony scd 777es(R. Kern mods)> Vpi Aires>Dynavector XX-2mkll>Bent mu>CAT ultimate>CJ premeir 140>Magnepan 1.6qr(Jensen xover)Headphone Eddie Current Zana Deux>AT ad2000,HD800 ,Metric Halo ULN-2 (battery powered),
 HE Audio Jades

Offline jcmusic

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 19, 2008, 06:08:14 PM »
Well it's been about 10 days since the last post on this thread, I wonder when the next shipment is coming out? Any idea's?

Jay
Redpoint Model D TT/Soundsmith Sotto Voce Cartridge Otari MX 5050 BII/BH Tube Repro deHavilland Model 222
 Ah Njoe Tjoeb 4000, Rogue Magnum 99, Korneff 45 SET Amp, Klipsch K-Horns Bass Bins/2" Tractrix Horns 2" BMS Drivers, Vintage Tubes.

Offline Ben

• Bring on the music
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 19, 2008, 07:33:33 PM »
I suspect mid Sept, as people may want to spend the last few days of summer
and then school starts ect.  When it is -40F and and several feet of snow,
then you put on that tape you were saving and ...
Set 45,Open baffle speakers,Otari 5050,,Pioneer DV-79AVi DVD/CD/SCAD player

Offline jcmusic

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 09, 2008, 06:58:58 PM »
Ok guys time to find out when the next tapes are coming?

Jay
Redpoint Model D TT/Soundsmith Sotto Voce Cartridge Otari MX 5050 BII/BH Tube Repro deHavilland Model 222
 Ah Njoe Tjoeb 4000, Rogue Magnum 99, Korneff 45 SET Amp, Klipsch K-Horns Bass Bins/2" Tractrix Horns 2" BMS Drivers, Vintage Tubes.

Offline Ben

• Bring on the music
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 09, 2008, 09:17:08 PM »
That is easy ... when doc gets my check in the mail of course. :)
Well I know I want the tapes before it gets -40F, I have to hike to the
Post Office both ways in the snow. ;)
Now the hard part ... to pick out 6 tapes I like.
-----------------
I expect a few weeks at least before I get a tape as I am at bottom of totem pole,
but that gives me more time to get my system set up. I still need few more
things like a Service and Operations manual and Tape deck cleaning supplies.
The other stuff  like hubs,and reels, and music I had to get off ebay, and they should be arriving in the  next two weeks.
It really depends just what the next reel will be -- Creek bank or
Saxophone Colossus and what I decide to pick out ... all hard choices
as I want a little of everything.

Offline jcmusic

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 23, 2008, 08:09:54 PM »
Speaking of which has anyone heard when the next tapes will be shipped?

Jay

Offline ironbut

• Global Moderator
  • rs1500>repro amp#1
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 23, 2008, 08:17:55 PM »
The next tape should be "Waltz ,.." with "Creek,.." and " Colossus" last. At least that's the order on the titles page.
Good news should be just around the bend.
steve koto
 Sony scd 777es(R. Kern mods)> Vpi Aires>Dynavector XX-2mkll>Bent mu>CAT ultimate>CJ premeir 140>Magnepan 1.6qr(Jensen xover)Headphone Eddie Current Zana Deux>AT ad2000,HD800 ,Metric Halo ULN-2 (battery powered),
 HE Audio Jades

Offline jcmusic

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 28, 2008, 08:04:30 AM »
Hey Steve,
What does just around the bend mean?

Jay

Offline Ben

• Bring on the music
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 28, 2008, 10:16:53 AM »
It means very soon now.

Offline ironbut

• Global Moderator
  • rs1500>repro amp#1
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 28, 2008, 11:27:22 AM »
I know that lots of tapes have been shipping this last week. I think that catching up on earlier releases has been keeping the production line occupied for the last month or so (since 007 was shipped). That's a hell of a lot of tapes if you think about it. The more members that have subscribed since the last "catch up" runs, the longer they take. And with the increase in the number of subscribers, the longer each "current" run takes.
As much as I can't wait to get my hands on the Bill Evans tape, the long wait between titles means that the Tape Project is getting more financially solid. I think that we're all anxious to see the titles released on a more regular schedule, I think we're all in agreement that the unparalleled standards that they have established are well worth the wait.
For folks hoping that these tapes will be shipping like a magazine subscription, I agree that it would be great, but while subscriptions keep rolling in, it's too much to hope for. It's not a production focused process but rather a quality focused one of the very highest order. As a result, any little glitch can't be overlooked and has to be wrestled to conclusion. I know from my own work that when you're working toward perfection, scheduling gets pushed way down the list of priorities. In my opinion, this is the only way to go.
I don't intend to make excuses for the Tape Project but what we have here requires a different mind set from what we're used to. I know that I've had to adjust to it and I hope that my fellow subscribers will also.
steve koto
 HE Audio Jades

Offline jcmusic

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: September 28, 2008, 01:18:29 PM »
I sure hope it is soon, as I am so looking forward to hearing the Bill Evans and Sonny Rollins tapes I almost can't stand it.

Jay

Offline ironbut

• Global Moderator
  • rs1500>repro amp#1
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: September 28, 2008, 03:24:58 PM »
Me too! I heard the Mose Allison at VSAC and it's a real treat !
steve koto
 HE Audio Jades

Offline Ben

• Bring on the music
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: September 28, 2008, 04:15:23 PM »
I'd make a fortune here if I was selling Heart Pills. :)
I found out about the TTP  around Dec 2007, but I decided to get
a R2R before I subscribed. Was that the way with most of the people
here, get a R2R and then subscribe?

Offline steveidosound

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: September 28, 2008, 05:13:46 PM »
Sort of.
I have had some sort of R2R machine(s) my entire life.
I still have not actually played the 2 tapes I have gotten so far as I don't have a machine I am absolutely sure is physically and electronically optimized for the tapes.  I was going to use one of my older transports with a Seduction kit, which I bought but have not assembled. It also meant the restoration of an old transport which is a big deal to get exactly right. I acquired a non-working Technics (electronics worked but had transport issues) only to use it in trade for another older Japanese machine from Pioneer which is modular  and has 2 track 2 channel and IEC or NAB EQ or 4 track 4 channel. I actually have 2 of those now and am trying to get other things done so I can clean/lubricate/align repair as needed to get them running absolutely properly. Thus far, I have only throughly cleaned the tape path and demagnetized both transports. The real work is ahead.
Yes, I am a bit paranoid about slapping something I paid that much for on some deck that will not show them off or possibly even hurt them through issues with magnetized  heads or hidden oxide residue somewhere that will scrape them or a transport that will stress them in any way. And I know that I have a long road ahead to bring the rest of my system up to a level where I can even begin to appreciate the sound quality of the tapes.
Beside the initial investment for my 6 tapes and the Seduction kit, it will probably cost me thousands more to get to a place where I can really hear what is on them. My mickey mouse hodge podge of random 70s-2000s pre-amps transports, solid state amplifiers crossovers and speakers, all tied together with generic cables and  speaker wire is not even in the same league with the rest of your systems. It is pretty, as the term goes, "mid-fi".

I did hear some TP tapes at that get together in the SF bay area mentioned on another thread. They are amazing.
Steve Williams

you don't want to know what equipment I listen to...

Offline jcmusic

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: October 08, 2008, 05:40:32 PM »
Hey Doc,
What's the latest on the next shipment?

Jay