Can you believe it? Tape Project is ten years old! Thanks to everyone who has supported us in introducing studio quality tape reproduction to the audiophile community!

Author Topic: Latest shipping News  (Read 49847 times)

Offline xcortes

• View Profile
Re: Latest shipping News
« Reply #45 on: October 23, 2008, 01:23:44 PM »
Well, at least we know you're beyond the 100s mark already!
Xavier Cortes

Offline ironbut

• Global Moderator
  • leader in spreading disinformation
  • rs1500>repro amp#1
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: October 23, 2008, 05:32:24 PM »
I seem to recall that someone  said they were #115 a month or two ago.
 Nice picture of your handy work Xavier. I like that you included a glimpse of the kid's playhouse/gym through the window. If I remember correctly, that was a DIY project too.
steve koto
 Sony scd 777es(R. Kern mods)> Vpi Aires>Dynavector XX-2mkll>Bent mu>CAT ultimate>CJ premeir 140>Magnepan 1.6qr(Jensen xover)Headphone Eddie Current Zana Deux>AT ad2000,HD800 ,Metric Halo ULN-2 (battery powered),
 HE Audio Jades

Offline jcmusic

• View Profile
« Reply #47 on: October 28, 2008, 10:28:46 PM »
Ok I know about the charter members!! What about the select subscription members, when will we get the next tapes?

Jay
Redpoint Model D TT/Soundsmith Sotto Voce Cartridge Otari MX 5050 BII/BH Tube Repro deHavilland Model 222
 Ah Njoe Tjoeb 4000, Rogue Magnum 99, Korneff 45 SET Amp, Klipsch K-Horns Bass Bins/2" Tractrix Horns 2" BMS Drivers, Vintage Tubes.

Offline zhou bin

• View Profile
« Reply #48 on: October 29, 2008, 10:28:59 PM »
dear sir:

I have received TP-001,how long I received second tapes?

thanks

studer A820,nagra IV-S,Reyaudio 1MKV +Jeffrowland

Offline jcmusic

• View Profile
« Reply #49 on: November 03, 2008, 06:14:03 PM »
Ok I know about the charter members!! What about the select subscription members, when will we get the next tapes?

Jay
Redpoint Model D TT/Soundsmith Sotto Voce Cartridge Otari MX 5050 BII/BH Tube Repro deHavilland Model 222
 Ah Njoe Tjoeb 4000, Rogue Magnum 99, Korneff 45 SET Amp, Klipsch K-Horns Bass Bins/2" Tractrix Horns 2" BMS Drivers, Vintage Tubes.

Offline Ben

• Bring on the music
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: November 03, 2008, 09:42:03 PM »
Quick edit Next Any :)
Will the next new tapes released be TP-001 or TP-008?
« Last Edit: November 03, 2008, 09:50:43 PM by Ben »
Set 45,Open baffle speakers,Otari 5050,,Pioneer DV-79AVi DVD/CD/SCAD player

Offline Ben

• Bring on the music
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: November 28, 2008, 12:29:15 PM »
Now that turkey day is over, what is the upcoming schedule for the next few months?

Offline jcmusic

• View Profile
« Reply #52 on: December 07, 2008, 12:13:18 AM »
YEAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! got confirmation of next shipment!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Jay

Offline Ben

• Bring on the music
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: December 07, 2008, 01:23:50 AM »
My avatar is waiting for serial # 1 16 5 :)
<--- 

Offline ironbut

• Global Moderator
  • rs1500>repro amp#1
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: December 07, 2008, 11:19:26 AM »
Yeah, I've been meaning to compliment you on your suit.
steve koto
 Sony scd 777es(R. Kern mods)> Vpi Aires>Dynavector XX-2mkll>Bent mu>CAT ultimate>CJ premeir 140>Magnepan 1.6qr(Jensen xover)Headphone Eddie Current Zana Deux>AT ad2000,HD800 ,Metric Halo ULN-2 (battery powered),
 HE Audio Jades

Offline docb

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Bottlehead Corp.
« Reply #55 on: December 07, 2008, 12:17:06 PM »
Hi Jay -

Yes, you were next in the queue for a TP-004, and we found that we had just one in the shipping room all ready to go. We shipped it out ASAP. More tapes should be shipping starting later this week/early next as the catch up duping run gets underway on Tuesday.

Realized that if anyone is plowing thru this thread - which goes out of date regularly - that latest info is temporarily in another thread, here:

http://www.tapeproject.com/smf/index.php/topic,696.0.html
« Last Edit: December 07, 2008, 12:21:57 PM by docb »
Dan "Doc B." Schmalle
President for Life, Bottlehead Corp.
Managing Director - retired, The Tape Project

Offline jcmusic

• View Profile
« Reply #56 on: December 08, 2008, 02:13:42 AM »
Hi Doc,
Thanks for the update I am getting excited, I wish it would have been the Bill Evans tape. Now if my seduction would show I will be really excited!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Jay

Offline docb

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Bottlehead Corp.
Latest shipping News
« Reply #57 on: December 21, 2008, 12:57:18 PM »
I put the brakes on other business entirely and spent the past two weeks going through a very detailed and comprehensive production run for cover art and the gold labels that go on each album cover. I got everyone covered on these items for our catch up run through album TP-008 and I am currently working on TP-009 cover art.

All of this material was sent overnight on Thursday to Michael, who with Paul has been supervising tape production for the same catch up orders and who scheduled all of Friday and Saturday to work on getting this artwork put together with tapes to cover as many catch up orders as possible before Xmas. Unfortunately the snowstorm here seems to have created a snafu and the artwork did not arrive at the studio yet. Tracking is not helping to sort out what's up. In spite of seeing the UPS guy sign for and pick up the box on Thursday the package has not even been logged as picked by the driver up yet. I suspect (actually I fervently hope, as it was a huge amount of work!) that the local UPS hub is just bogged down and that the package will show up Monday.

The snow and ice is a mess here, to the point that UPS wouldn't even come to our house on Friday to pick up a second package of artwork. We have about 6-8 inches of powder over about inch of ice right now with no sign of a letup. Tech Shawn is snowed in at his place with a couple of amp kits he took home with him to build while he's waiting for the ice to melt. Dunno if you guys saw it on the national news but across the water in Seattle a couple of school buses slid down a steep street above a freeway and broke thru a retaining wall at the bottom, stopping with the front wheels of the buses dangling over the freeway below. A real winter wonderland. Must be that global warming...
« Last Edit: December 21, 2008, 01:08:33 PM by docb »
Dan "Doc B." Schmalle

Offline ironbut

• Global Moderator
  • rs1500>repro amp#1
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: December 21, 2008, 01:57:13 PM »
Looks like something out of Jurassic Park!  I remember when I was in NY, if you didn't chisel the ice and snow out, the mailman wouldn't even deliver. On a related note, I heard a story on NPR that a town was mixing garlic salt with their road salt this season. I'd guess that it would make a significant increase or decrease in business at the local Italian food joints.
Thanks a million for the production update. So be careful out there. I don't think anyone wants a limping Santa Schmalle this year.
Happy Holidays!
steve koto
 HE Audio Jades

Offline docb

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Bottlehead Corp.
« Reply #59 on: December 21, 2008, 03:34:04 PM »
Man, since I busted my leg I am a prissy little old lady on slippery terrain. I always have to hike with a pole now, and I have to concentrate fully on walking in this icy stuff because I can't always catch myself when I lose my balance anymore. They screwed my two leg bones together right above my ankle and I can't twist my foot in certain directions with any stability. There's no real warning when I've passed the limit other than the next thing I'm going OW! and trying to figure out the least destructive way to hit the ground. I watch the kids skating down the frozen driveway in their boots, hootin' and hollerin', and I get really jealous. Do I sound like I'm ready for spring??????
Dan "Doc B." Schmalle