TP-028, Nat Adderley's Work Song is now available

Author Topic: OT Pandora Radio  (Read 5567 times)

Offline ironbut

• Global Moderator
  • leader in spreading disinformation
  • rs1500>repro amp#1
    • View Profile
OT Pandora Radio
« on: August 24, 2008, 07:18:23 PM »
I don't know about you guys, but many times when I read a posting here regarding and old record I used to own or listen to a lot (such as CV's mention of Pearls Before Swine), I remember everything about it except the music. And sometimes I don't want to go running to iTunes to buy a song or two. Here's a free online radio service I've listened to on and off for a while that's really different. It relies on something called the Music Genome Project which used musicians, and other music professionals to try and get at the heart of what folks like from one song to another and link them to others with the same feel. It's really simple to use, you just enter a song or artist/band/composer and it plays that song/artist/band/composer and then continues for hours trying to "please" you with similar material. You can edit the direction it goes in by asking for more like that one, or no more of those (thumbs up/down) It also saves these radio stations for a while so when you return there, it starts off where you left off during the last session. You can have up to 15 personal "stations" so I have a "John Coltrane station" a "Ry Cooder station" a "Pentangle station" etc.. You can't play whole albums (copyright infringement) but you can sample all the songs off of one (just like iTunes). And of course it MP3 quality. But for taking a walk down memory lane and/or discovering similar artists from then or now, it's pretty darn hard to beat.
A buddy of mines' wife if from Brazil and since I told her about it, she listens to Portuguese songs on Pandora all day long. My buddies nothappy!

http://www.pandora.com/
steve koto
 Sony scd 777es(R. Kern mods)> Vpi Aires>Dynavector XX-2mkll>Bent mu>CAT ultimate>CJ premeir 140>Magnepan 1.6qr(Jensen xover)Headphone Eddie Current Zana Deux>AT ad2000,HD800 ,Metric Halo ULN-2 (battery powered),
 HE Audio Jades