Can you believe it? Tape Project is ten years old! Thanks to everyone who has supported us in introducing studio quality tape reproduction to the audiophile community!

Author Topic: When will the tapes which were ordered at 22nd Aug be shipped out? Order 242570  (Read 9362 times)

Offline zhou bin

• View Profile
I ordered the tapes at 22nd Aug. I wanna know when I can recevie those tapes? BTW, I am in Shanghai,China. The order number is  242570.
I am looking forward to getting your response asap.
studer A820,nagra IV-S,Reyaudio 1MKV +Jeffrowland

Offline steveidosound

• View Profile
Look at the statement on the home page.
I can't speak for the people running this, however
I would probably expect you need to be a LOT more patient than that.
Remember these are being duplicated at realtime speed with strict quality control.
Not pumped out like some cassette product. I just know it takes a LOT of time to do this right.
I would expect more like a YEAR !
I think that lower charter subscription #  members are getting priority to complete their library with the last of the catalog releases as it states on the home page.
Then selective subscription people like me will get more tapes when they go back and begin duplicating more of the lower catalog #s again.
Then probably the people who just ordered one or two with no subscription.

I have 2 tapes so far (TP-001 and TP-002) and I am serial # 111 having joined in March this year 2008.
My last tape was shipped in July.
If you got the full charter subscription, you may well get the last titles being done now before I get any more because I ordered  TP-001,2,3,4,5 and 7 and not 8,9 or 10
Steve Williams

you don't want to know what equipment I listen to...

Offline ironbut

• Global Moderator
  • leader in spreading disinformation
  • rs1500>repro amp#1
    • View Profile
Hi (insert name here), welcome to the forum. Steve was correct in advising you to be patient. I don't think that you'll have to wait a year for the arrival of you first tapes though. I'll give you some of the facts that aren't obvious to new members.
 Each Tape Project release is on 2 reels. These are recorded in real time 4 at a time. Each of these reels has a unique number engraved into the flange. These engravings are done one at a time, then the reel is assembled. Each pair of reels in housed in a box and each pair is contained in a display box with these same unique numbers include on the artwork. That means that this artwork is also done one at a time. In other words, when you receive one of these tapes, everything that's included was made for you.
Some of the major hold ups have been to obtain the artwork. Some of the reissues of famous titles on lp have cover art that's been reproduced from scans of original lps and can be washed out looking or even blurry. That just isn't good enough for a project that most of us feel is "important".
When your first tapes will start to arrive will depend on other factors such as where in the production process they are currently in (are they beginning or ending a run of a title). How many other new members there are who haven't received their first tapes (once there's enough demand for previously released titles it makes going back and filling those orders for 001-007 more or less prudent).
Everything about these releases is done in the highest possible quality so the owners can be assured that they will never be surpassed. The only way that you could possibly get better reproduction would be to buy the master tape itself . The next release is "Waltz for Debby". If the master were to be auctioned I have no doubt that it would exceed $1 million but I hope that I never find out the actual figure.
In any case, expect the releases to arrive one at a time and if you're a Charter member, you should get the alignment tape first.
BTW, you have some nice machines there! We usually use our real names here on the forum. If you go back to the control panel where you inserted you Studer and Nagra and add your name, it'll show up in all your posts.

steve koto
 Sony scd 777es(R. Kern mods)> Vpi Aires>Dynavector XX-2mkll>Bent mu>CAT ultimate>CJ premeir 140>Magnepan 1.6qr(Jensen xover)Headphone Eddie Current Zana Deux>AT ad2000,HD800 ,Metric Halo ULN-2 (battery powered),
 HE Audio Jades

Offline zhou bin

• View Profile
thanks you!

I am in Shanghai ,China.

Offline TomR

• View Profile
My charter subscription order went in on July 8 and I haven't received a tape yet - so yes, it looks like patience is well advised.
Thomas Ream

Technics RS1520(not yet modified)/Nottingham Space 294 w/Koetsu Black and Simaudio LP5.3/Sony XA9000ES/ReVox A-77/Simaudio I-7/B&W 804's

Offline jcmusic

• View Profile
Hi guys I am not trying to tell anyone how to run there show, but it wouldn't hurt anyones feelings if you guys would post every now and then saying that it is a work in progress. Just a friendly suggestion.

Jay
Redpoint Model D TT/Soundsmith Sotto Voce Cartridge Otari MX 5050 BII/BH Tube Repro deHavilland Model 222
 Ah Njoe Tjoeb 4000, Rogue Magnum 99, Korneff 45 SET Amp, Klipsch K-Horns Bass Bins/2" Tractrix Horns 2" BMS Drivers, Vintage Tubes.

Offline mingsu

• View Profile
My order(241334) was placed on June 16th and still waiting for the 1st tape.  Sent few emails and got some replied but nothing about when my 1st tape will be shipped.  Hope and patient are the only way for this.  I rather have them working on the tape than writing reply emails.  Will all the charter member get the alignment test tape as part of the charter membership package?

I did hear few tapes while attending the VSAC 2008 early this year.  Beautiful sound.

Offline bobschneider

• View Profile
Mine was Aug 1st.  I guess I have more time to get my Otari restored!
Bob Schneider

Offline mingsu

• View Profile
I have received 3 UPS tracking number and each weighted 6 lbs.  I guess these are the 1st 3 tape that I will get.  Wonderful.  My patient finally got rewarded.

Offline zhou bin

• View Profile
Congratulations!

Offline ironbut

• Global Moderator
  • rs1500>repro amp#1
    • View Profile
Just slightly off topic,.. are you going to the Grand Prix Zhou?! Under the lights in Shanghai. It should be amazing!
steve koto
 Sony scd 777es(R. Kern mods)> Vpi Aires>Dynavector XX-2mkll>Bent mu>CAT ultimate>CJ premeir 140>Magnepan 1.6qr(Jensen xover)Headphone Eddie Current Zana Deux>AT ad2000,HD800 ,Metric Halo ULN-2 (battery powered),
 HE Audio Jades

Offline TomR

• View Profile
Got my first tape today!
« Reply #11 on: September 26, 2008, 10:32:01 PM »
I received tape 001 today! I hope this means that the others are soon to follow. I ordered my full subscription on July 8 and it seems that things are now starting to happen. Boy, it is a beautiful thing to own.
Thomas Ream

Technics RS1520(not yet modified)/Nottingham Space 294 w/Koetsu Black and Simaudio LP5.3/Sony XA9000ES/ReVox A-77/Simaudio I-7/B&W 804's

Offline Ben

• Bring on the music
    • View Profile
Re: When will the tapes which were ordered at 22nd Aug be shipped out? Order 242
« Reply #12 on: September 26, 2008, 10:48:11 PM »
Psssttt.  Its even more fun to hear them play. 
Runs and ducks
Set 45,Open baffle speakers,Otari 5050,,Pioneer DV-79AVi DVD/CD/SCAD player

Offline ironbut

• Global Moderator
  • rs1500>repro amp#1
    • View Profile
Just slightly off topic,.. are you going to the Grand Prix Zhou?! Under the lights in Shanghai. It should be amazing!
Ooops It's in Singapore Zhou.
Sorry
steve koto
 HE Audio Jades