TP-028, Nat Adderley's Work Song is now available

Author Topic: Ry Cooder- Into the Purple Valley  (Read 6116 times)

Offline ironbut

• Global Moderator
  • leader in spreading disinformation
  • rs1500>repro amp#1
    • View Profile
Ry Cooder- Into the Purple Valley
« on: September 25, 2008, 09:38:00 PM »
Ok you guys. With all this talk about my favorite guitarist, I have to put a word in for one of his solo efforts. This one may not be his most polished release but man, has it got heart! On the electric charged ensemble songs, the first cut "How Can You Keep On Moving" really get the ball rolling while "Money Honey"  and "FDR in Trinidad" displays the humor that I love about this guy. "Billy the Kid" and  Woody Guthrie's "Vigilante Man" gives you a taste of how he sounded the couple of times I saw him without a band. J. Cash's "Hey Porter" never sounded as good as here.  And words were never truer than those in "The Taxes on the Farmer Feeds Us All". Maybe it was the times when I first heard this album but Cooder's takes on some of this traditional stuff just won't get out of my head. Ever!
Into the Purple Valley/Ry Cooder
Reprise/Warner Bros
MS 2052
steve koto
 Sony scd 777es(R. Kern mods)> Vpi Aires>Dynavector XX-2mkll>Bent mu>CAT ultimate>CJ premeir 140>Magnepan 1.6qr(Jensen xover)Headphone Eddie Current Zana Deux>AT ad2000,HD800 ,Metric Halo ULN-2 (battery powered),
 HE Audio Jades