Check out the new Tape Project website at tapeproject.com, now with online ordering. Inventory is updated every week, so stop by often to see what we have in stock.

Author Topic: Waltz for Debby TP 008  (Read 31014 times)

Offline AZ_Gary

• View Profile
Re: Waltz for Debby TP 008
« Reply #15 on: January 08, 2009, 06:37:52 PM »
Has anyone actually received a TP008? I'm a selective subscriber and haven't received it. Some of the chatter here would lead me to believe some of you have received the tape. What's the scoop?

Thanks,
Gary
Gary Marklund
Sun City, AZ - USA

Offline ironbut

• Global Moderator
  • leader in spreading disinformation
  • rs1500>repro amp#1
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 08, 2009, 06:56:26 PM »
Hi Gary. Yes, I received mine a while ago. You should contact Doc or Romo to see what's up. You have to figure with the number of tapes that have gone out, one shipment could've been lost by UPS. They deliver my stuff to the wrong address about 1 out of 20 times. Either way, you should check with the guys.
steve koto
 Sony scd 777es(R. Kern mods)> Vpi Aires>Dynavector XX-2mkll>Bent mu>CAT ultimate>CJ premeir 140>Magnepan 1.6qr(Jensen xover)Headphone Eddie Current Zana Deux>AT ad2000,HD800 ,Metric Halo ULN-2 (battery powered),
 HE Audio Jades

Offline JoeG

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 08, 2009, 07:15:04 PM »
Check with Romo on your status. The guys have been busting their humps getting tapes out to Charter Subscribers and doing catch-up runs for the Selective Subscribers. At one point, they had depleted their supplier's tape stock, UPS had some shipping issues in the Pac Northwest around the holidays because of weather.

My serial number is at about the mid-point of the available numbers (61), and I received "Waltz for Debbie" in early November. Trust me, the tape is well worth the wait. I have a Plan B Tape Project playback set-up (J-corder/Bottlehead RS1500 and Bottlehead Seduction) and the tape gives the 45 rpm vinyl played back on my Walker Proscenium Gold Signature TT/Bluelectric Magic Diamond cart a real run for the money. That is saying something about the quality of the software
that Doc, Mike and Paul are putting out. I think Mike L. can back me up on that...
Joe Galbraith
Charter sub #61
J-corder/Bottlehead Technics 1500>King/Cello pre, Bottlehead Seduction, Walker Audio Proscenium Gold Signature TT>Bluelectric Magic Diamond or Allnic Puritas>Allnic H3000 phono/L3000 line>KR Enterprises Antares>Kharma CE 2.2
Silent Source cable, Walker Audio Velocitors

Offline steveidosound

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 08, 2009, 07:16:46 PM »
I get the impression from other threads that selective subscribers like me are taken care of after charter subscribers, then perhaps individuals that only order 1 or 2 tapes after that.
There are tapes, for example, that I chose and do not have yet that came out well after I joined TP, as well as before I joined.
I happened to not choose any of the last 3 jazz titles, but I went back and looked and there are plenty of others who have received tapes which came out since I joined last March, which I am still waiting on, like TP-007 for example.
I think despite the best efforts over the holidays they are nowhere near caught up yet.
Steve Williams

you don't want to know what equipment I listen to...

Offline Ben

• Bring on the music
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 08, 2009, 07:34:07 PM »
What I would like to know is when production has stopped or started.
Living in Canada, UPS if I am lucky shows up twice a week and also they tend
to give delivery notices after it shows up. Still I suspect with them getting the
art work in for the next tape, most of the tapes are finished, save for the last one to come out for many people.
Set 45,Open baffle speakers,Otari 5050,,Pioneer DV-79AVi DVD/CD/SCAD player

Offline AZ_Gary

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 10, 2009, 12:16:34 AM »
I spoke with Eileen this noon and she said the studio was doing a major effort over the weekend to produce copies of TP008. HOORAY!!!!

Gary
Gary Marklund
Sun City, AZ - USA

Offline jcmusic

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 10, 2009, 08:48:12 AM »
I haven't gotten my TP #8 as well, still waiting to hear from someone.  Let me correct this post as I have gotten this tape.
Also my findings on this TP tape, Simply Amazing!!!

jay
« Last Edit: April 20, 2009, 06:40:34 PM by jcmusic »
Redpoint Model D TT/Soundsmith Sotto Voce Cartridge Otari MX 5050 BII/BH Tube Repro deHavilland Model 222
 Ah Njoe Tjoeb 4000, Rogue Magnum 99, Korneff 45 SET Amp, Klipsch K-Horns Bass Bins/2" Tractrix Horns 2" BMS Drivers, Vintage Tubes.